Taldrenites > General Starfleet Command Forum

SFC Launcher (a dynaverse and gamespy's online services replacement)

<< < (2/29) > >>

d4v1ks:
This emulator can be extended to run as a public directory and gamespy emulator for SFCOP.
To run in a LAN, it doesnt need to reply an specific server'ip, as the client just broadcast a request to the entire LAN. But for a public server i still need to research that part.
Currently i dont see any public server around. But if anyone is able to set one for 1 or 2 days, i can study and add that option.
I can also create some email, nick and pass validation to it.

TarMinyatur:
The server "Mirkwood" is running now, Carlos. It's on fafnir.xenocorp.net. I was able to start a scout mission a few minutes ago.

It doesn't use the Directory Service Emulator. It uses the regular flipside.com applications on thor.xenocorp.net.

d4v1ks:

--- Quote from: TarMinyatur on November 19, 2016, 03:00:28 pm ---The server "Mirkwood" is running now, Carlos.

--- End quote ---

Hey Tar!
Thnks for the quick reply.  :)
I think i got what i needed.
I will post further advancements as soon i get time.

Maybe now, creating a SFC launcher will make sense, as the launcher itself can serve as a service provider for all the client and server external communications (dependencies). Like a SFC OP Gold Edition... A full working and independent version. Being the launcher responsible for checking and update all the ini files (checking the current windows version where it is running in the process). Maybe creating the rigth shortcuts, with the right color and compatibility settings, to avoid all the initial config issues... A legacy for Dynaverse.

But i will stick to this emulator update for now...  ;)

d4v1ks:
It's done!
With the new info i got, i managed to code a full gamespy and directory services replacement.
It works without any internet access. You just need to open a server in your home lan, fire a irc chat, config everything to point to the new emulator, and everythings works as expected. I even tried with 2 servers here, on 192.168.0.10 and 192.168.0.11, with ports 27200 and 27300 (to avoid the broadcast search that the clients do, looking for any server at port 27100), and both clients where able to see the 2, log in, and join the servers.
I still wish to add some client validation and test it. But looks very good.
Insane results for some hours of work.  8)

Nemesis:
Nice work.  Just wish I were in a position to make use of it.   :thumbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version