Topic: replacing texture help  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Matchstick101

• Ensign
replacing texture help
« on: June 20, 2016, 01:09:16 pm »
hi everyone, I a bit new to changing SFC:OP and I saw this post where someone was talking about replacing the tractor beam with something that looks like a tholian web. I downloaded the BMP file but replacing the same one in the texture folder doesn't do anything...

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: replacing texture help
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 08:15:00 pm »
Man really stretching the memory here as I have not modified the game or played it in a long time...
I think it was tied to the fx 0 texture and used the same base as the phaser, so changing that point on the texture with paint or what ever you have to edit the bmp, or pcx file should do it.
Only problem I see with it is it will also change the phaser.

So what files are we talking about here do you have the texture you are planning to swap, you can add it as a attachment to help me think this through again. Mostly I played with starship textures they where easier to deal with.

Also with some textures there where two places you had to change them one was for single player the or was multiplayer.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.