Topic: 3d modeler for star trek: discovery  (Read 3519 times)

Offline jose

• Lt. Junior Grade
3d modeler for star trek: discovery
« on: July 15, 2017, 03:01:25 pm »
http://www.unwrap3d.com/u3d/index.aspx is a great modeling tool i think can be used to make ships for the upcoming star trek: discovery series. They already have a pugin to import .mod files, they just need to create one that lets you export. I think its a much less expensive alternative but better than whats already out there. send them an email at bbolthou@unwrap3d.com and ask for them to create an exporter so we can create our own ships and use them.

Offline AlDaja

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • SFC:III Troubleshooter
    • Starfleet Command Forums
Re: 3d modeler for star trek: discovery
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:55:36 pm »
Maybe. CBS is not happy with the test audience screening and is considering shelving the series if it doesn't do well.  Rick Berman, has been recruited by CBS to present a different series and just chalk Discovery up as a non-cannon anthology.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 06:28:45 am »
Wow...  Really??!?

Offline jose

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 11:23:07 am »
Maybe. CBS is not happy with the test audience screening and is considering shelving the series if it doesn't do well.  Rick Berman, has been recruited by CBS to present a different series and just chalk Discovery up as a non-cannon anthology.
i did not know that, thanks for letting me know.