Topic: lightup  (Read 3266 times)

Offline jose

• Lt. Junior Grade
lightup
« on: July 28, 2017, 12:33:12 pm »
does anyone know how to make an area of a ship lightup? getting rid of them is easy i figured that part out but i dont know how to put them in.

Offline AlDaja

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • SFC:III Troubleshooter
    • Starfleet Command Forums
Re: lightup
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:47:32 pm »
Are you talking about the bitmap or the glow model?  Also, if this is for SFC:III might be able to help.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

Offline jose

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 11:21:34 am »
the map used to make sections on a ship glow for sfc: op.

Offline AlDaja

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • SFC:III Troubleshooter
    • Starfleet Command Forums
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 11:13:42 pm »
You'll need a Model Attribute Editor to create glow models for your ship.  Precise bit mapping on your model will illuminate best when using a glow model editor; however, you can also apply the glows to the general bitmap, but sometimes the glow doesn't correspond properly to the bitmap art doing it this way.  I have a Model Attribute Editor for SFC:III but not sure it will work with SFC: Orion Pirates.  We are planning to upload our modeling tools soon to ModDB and I can provide you the link at that time.  You might try doing a search on the web for Starfleet Command modeling tools and see what it yields.  I know at one point, Mod DB and Nexus mods had some modeling tools for the SFC community.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

Offline jose

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 12:06:35 pm »
thanks!  :)