Off Topic > Holodeck

DS9 phaser

(1/4) > >>

Don Karnage:
I'm watching season 6 and I notice something about the phaser. The are using "old" model and yet in Voyager they have more "modern" version.

Also I was wondering the movie First contact happen when in DS9? Since they have the newer model.

Lieutenant_Q:
First Contact happened sometime during Season 5.  By the Stardate it happened near the end (Sometime between Episode 22 and 24), but in dialogue it was referenced near the halfway point (It was referenced in Episode 14).  It was released in theatres after Episode 9 and the crew switched to the new uniforms for Episode 10.

The Compression Phaser Rifles were designed for Voyager, given all the reuse of props through the series it wouldn't surprise me if they showed up once or twice on DS9.  But they didn't seem to be all that popular, when First Contact came out, they hid a box full of First Contact Phaser Rifles on Voyager, they first appeared on screen in Voyager Season 3 Episode 12.  And would appear off and on along with the Compression Rifle from there.  First Contact debuted about 2 weeks prior to the airing of Voyager S3E12.

But they had all those old Phaser Rifle "Dummies" built for TNG, and wouldn't want them to go to waste, so they put them in the arms of an extra in a security uniform.  They probably didn't build that many First Contact Rifles, and the war scenes required more rifles than they built.

Don Karnage:
I was wondering about the Defiant transporter. I got only those info:
6.3 TRANSPORTER SYSTEMS   

Defiant-class vessels normally carry one primary and one backup transporter on Deck 1.  The modular unit includes a 45 percent scaled version of the standard pattern buffer tank and molecular imaging scanners found on larger starships.  The transporter is powered by an impulse system EPS tap and is EM-shielded with a multilayer duranium jacket.  The hull-transporter emitter pads are armored with electroporous plating, which requires the computer to maintain tighter control over the ACB in terms of look angle in dwell time on both beam-up and beam-down targets.

Number of Systems: 3

Personnel Transporters: 2

Cargo Transporters: 1

But how many peoples can be beam with each transporter? I have seen that its a tree pad, so that would be six at the time that can be beam?

Also about the speed: Maximum Velocity Warp:  9.982 (12 hours maximum), Voyager top speed is 9.975 for the same time, (12 hours max) that would mean that the Defiant can be faster that Voyageur? But I don't remember them doing to that speed in DS9?

Lieutenant_Q:
The Sound of her Voice.  A late season six episode had the Defiant topping out at about Warp 9.  Chief O'Brien said that they could do 9.5 but the structural integrity of the ship would shake itself apart for any extended length of time.  They got around it by bleeding power from their phaser reserves.  And were able to shave a day off of their travel time.

As for the transporters, I don't remember seeing any kind of large scale beaming from the Defiant.  There was "To the Death" a season 4 Episode where they beamed a large number of Starfleet and Jem Hadar soldiers down, but we never saw it in progress.

AlDaja:
The Defiant is fast for a small ship, but not as fast as a Galaxy and neither is faster than an Intrepid-class, according to the official tech manuals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version