Taldrenites > Starfleet Command 4

Let's take a look at the problems faced with SFC4.

(1/4) > >>

Stalwart_ODST:
So from what I've heard, Starfleet Command IV is having problems getting off the ground. There is a large fan backing for this game. A lot of people have played the prior games, and a lot would like to see another made.

So, let's examine what you guys -have to make this happen-, -what you need to make this happen-, and -what you would like to have for this to happen-. I think that with some changes regarding strategy and resource management, and maybe a little word on the street, this thing can take off big. There's a big community for all things Star Trek and since Starfleet Command already has a name for itself in that community it already has a foothold from which to push off.

Kind Regards,
Matthew Stamper
stamperv2@gmail.com
519-803-5906

Javora:
A programmer willing to take on the project would be a good start...

d4v1ks:
nvm

Javora:
lol

AlDaja:

--- Quote from: Javora on October 11, 2017, 05:11:01 pm ---A programmer willing to take on the project would be a good start...

--- End quote ---

I had a programmer who looked into this, his analysis without full access to the existing Starfleet Command III registry files, etc.. would be extremely difficult if not impossible.  At best, even with his expertise and that of others familiar with the intricacies of SFC II and III who assisted us, we were not able to dive deep enough without causing catastrophic failure to how the game(s) played, the best we could do was provide a passable overlay and create a couple of decent mods.  There is just too much coding to go through without a road map to follow.  I have tried for many years to reach out to previous Taldren people, some were willing to offer general assistance, most have moved on to better things and were not willing to offer any guidance, keep in mind this was way back when Starfleet Command II and III was still somewhat relevant.  Our summation would require a minimum of 10 years to create a passable SFC:IV and that assumes we had access to a team of people willing to work long hours with little or no pay.   This of course, also assumes we could legally secure the rights to pursue a project to its final release. To put it in perspective, to create the two fully integrated conquest mods we made (which are basically overlays), required two and a half years to complete.  This was with two of us volunteering most of our time and six others who helped with consulting and assisting with the mod builds when they could. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version