Off Topic > Holodeck

Picard Series

(1/7) > >>

knightstorm:
This is old news, but I'm surprised noone mentioned it here.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/04/arts/star-trek-patrick-stewart-picard.html

edit:
looking at the article more closely that @&&hole Kurtzman is involved.  Therefore, it won't be Star Trek, and I won't watch it.

Vipre:
Don't write it off so fast. My take is it's part of the damage control related to STD. It may turn out decently.

FPF-Tobin Dax:
Do feel free to write it off. You got it right with Kurtzman. This won't be Picard post the post TNG era that we all know and loved, but something else.  ::)

Tulwar:

--- Quote from: Vipre on September 03, 2018, 03:14:13 pm ---Don't write it off so fast. My take is it's part of the damage control related to STD. It may turn out decently.

--- End quote ---

I don't think so.  I just wish they'd stop with the stupid.  AS far as Hollywood is concerned, people with imagination are just losers, so they're not going to put the precious ST copyrights in the hands of the type low-life that actually writes science fiction.

JarvisArgelius:
I am looking forward to this, mainly because I trust Stewart's judgement on Picard's evolution.  I doubt that Stewart needs the money, and the personal regimen of a weekly TV series is not for the faint-hearted, so I doubt that the plot and script of the show will be the flaw, if there is one.  I have no love for anyone from the JJA staff, Kurtzman included, but I'm thinking the clout of Stewart will have elicited better quality than what we've seen previously.

Anyone else curious to see Picard meet up with Neela Daren again?   He could be chasing an exo-archaeology lead and have need of stellar cartographer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version