Taldrenites > Starfleet Command Models

The Ghosts of Battleclinic...

(1/2) > >>

jayvt3:
Many, many years ago I started collecting models made by some of the greats, not so greats, flash in the pan and few of ill repute.  Some were truly works of art and others not so much.

Well a few years back my desktop suffered a whopper of a Windows update.  The hard drive was dead and the infection spread into my one and only external drive.  Years and gigabytes of pictures, music, movies and models were gone before you could say "Damn you Bill and the pox on Melinda's boyfriend".

I searched for data recovery programs and services.  The programs were crap and the services wanted, literally, thousands of dollars for recovery. 

Well I'm a patient man.  I figured that data recovery would be a boon field and that prices would reflect market value but it was still too high for me to afford.  So I did the next best thing.  I learned to do it myself.

So the good news is that of pictures I was able to recover 90% of the total but 100% of the ones that meant the most to me.
Of the movies, music and ebooks I was able to recover 13% of the total but I was able to find online all that I had lost and so much more.
Now of the models?
99.97%.

I now have a grand total of 122+ gigabytes in 20,090 folders of ship models...Base models, asteroid models, planet models...I got models of models of models that they're coming out of my nose.  Yo dawg, I heard you like models...

Bad News...the files are not named, just numbered. :banghead:
I did the math.  If I do one file every three minutes for 3 hours a day for 3 days.  call in sick only twice a month.  forgo bathing regularly and cut down my grocery shopping to just Mountain Dew, ramen noodles and Doritos...I'll be able to get the Fed, Klink and Roms done before I need a quadruple bypass or loose my legs to Type II Diabeetus.

Wish me luck or somebody go start a GoFundMe or a Patreon account.  If I die the one who guessed the closest to number of completed files gets the pot.  If I live long enough to finish all of them and still have all my appendages...I want half  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: and the rest can go to a worthy charity like St. Jude's Childrens Hospital.

I'll keep y'all posted.  Goodnight and GOD Bless

Klingon Fanatic:
 ;D

Truly a worthy endeavor.

Qapla!!

Captain Adam:
Will name a starship after you  ;D

I would say a solar system but... the SFC maps don’t work that way.

Vipre:
You do the work of the angels.

Still not convinced I've found all my hoarded models.

Don Karnage:
Don't run win 10, its a scam! full of bug, well I mean full of windows since all windows are made of bugs that patch make it worst.

Data recovery do all the same, they gave you back the stuff but not like it was. So in a way you lost part of what it was call.

The best thing to do is having backup outside the computer, like on USB key or a external HD to store all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version