Topic: Purchased Digital Download of SFC II: EAW - no CD key info  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Jonbre

• Lt. Junior Grade
Purchased Digital Download of SFC II: EAW - no CD key info
« on: January 07, 2019, 05:11:27 pm »
Hello all,
I just recently purchased and downloaded SFC II:EAW from Dynaverse.net, and I installed it on my Windows 10 machine.
The game boots up fine, but during the intro, stops, and asks for my CD key (I can't find this info anywhere in the emails from Dynaverse
after purchasing).

I apologize if I missed this - does anyone know how to locate or generate the CD key?

Thanks!

First-time SFC Player: Jonbre

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: Purchased Digital Download of SFC II: EAW - no CD key info
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 08:41:44 pm »
While you’re waiting, you may want to pick up SFC OP.  It’s what people are moving to along with SFC III.  Should be able to find these on Good ole Games or Steam if you can’t find it here.  You can find more resources here:

http://hotandspicyforums.com/index.php?sid=a96af540cb4bfd02e7e547845196f8ea

Hope this helps.

Offline Jonbre

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 09:49:15 pm »
Thanks, Javora. Did I end up purchasing the wrong game? Can I add SFC: OP to my edition of SFC: EAW?
I’m also looking for the best patch to go with this game - hopefully something to smooth out the graphics and stabilize it a bit on Windows 10.  What’s the best one in your opinion?

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 12:04:06 am »
SFC OP is a stand alone game.  It has everything SFC II plus playable pirates and X-Ships.  SFC II is IMHO practically dead.  The site I listed will get you going and playing online in no time.

Offline Jonbre

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 05:08:05 pm »
Thank you for the information, Javora.  Does that mean that SFC Vol 2: EAW's campaigns, cutscenes, stories, etc., are included in SFC: OP?
I guess I may have purchased the wrong version of the game!

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 10:16:27 pm »
For years, EAW and OP coexisted. But as the number of players decreased for both games, OP held on to more people, and eventually EAW had no multiplayer activity.

EAW is an excellent game. But it can only divide an already tiny player base...the same with the so-called Community Edition of SFC2. Dynaverse can sell whatever it wants, of course, but the offerings of EAW and CE are practically useless for multiplayer.

Anyways, for $12 you can get EAW for singleplayer (and to develop cloak fundamentals) and OP for online play (and a more powerful cloak and tougher ISC).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:11:26 am by TarMinyatur »