Off Topic > Engineering

Re: C64 mini? Updated with C64 Maxi and MEGA65

(1/4) > >>

Nemesis:
Any of you "old" C64 guys played around with one of these?

Nemesis:
And now another reboot of the C64

Link to full article

--- Quote ---Users can switch between three different modes, including C64, VIC 20, and Games Carousel. If you are one of the many old school gamers and PC users who have fond memories of typing Load"*",8,1 on a blue background, that will be an option in C64 mode.

Of course, modern amenities abound for this reboot. TheC64 can connect to any modern TV via HDMI, to deliver "crisp 720p HD visuals" at 60Hz (USA) or 50Hz (Europe). It also comes with an updated joystick featuring 8 buttons, micro switches, and USB connectivity. It bears a passing resemblance to the original, but with additional bells and whistles.
--- End quote ---

Tulwar:
I want one, but it seems it's not available in the USA, and I don't have any friends in Britain, Germany, Italy, or Spain.

Javora:
At this point anything other then a PC/Mac emulator with all the games included is a waste of time.

Nemesis:

--- Quote from: Tulwar on June 29, 2019, 10:29:27 pm ---I want one, but it seems it's not available in the USA, and I don't have any friends in Britain, Germany, Italy, or Spain.

--- End quote ---

The Mini has been available in Walmart Canada.  Since it seems to be the same company I don't see why the full size one wouldn't be available as well. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version