Topic: Edge on Linux  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Edge on Linux
« on: October 05, 2019, 08:26:30 pm »
Link to full article

"We on the @MSEdgeDev team are fleshing out requirements to bring Edge to Linux, and we need your help w/ some assumptions," wrote Sean Larkin, a member of Microsoft's Edge team.

Now why would they do that for an OS they have spent many years calling "A Toy OS",  MS patent violating, viral and unAmerican?  Having done all that why would they expect help in porting a Chromium based Edge to Linux?  Why not just use Chromium without all the MS spyware or Firefox like I do? 

Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
Re: Edge on Linux
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 10:48:40 am »
Windows has produced too many sub-standard operating systems to be trusted.  My last 4 new computers were ME, XP, Vista, and Win 8.1.  The ME computer was actually pretty good and was the last stable computer I owned.  Why shouldn't Linux be catching?
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 04:03:46 pm »
<snickers> Temple OS or GTFO.

Seriously, Between G-parted and ubuntu, being a huge part of my tool kit these days, I doubt I could get anything done.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 12:04:21 pm »
How about Clonezilla?
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."