Topic: SFC2: OP - Problem with In-Game Sound / sfc.ini not being read?  (Read 3735 times)

Offline Kumerian14

• Master of "Oh, hey, that actually worked."
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Now, where did I leave those fighters?
SFC2: OP - Problem with In-Game Sound / sfc.ini not being read?
« on: February 23, 2020, 11:19:14 pm »
Folks,

I've been reading through a few old posts to find mention of an issue with the sound settings.  I found mention of it, but the fix isn't working in my situation.

Briefly, the settings for sound effects, music, and voices keep resetting in-game.  I have set these directly in the sfc.ini file and the edits save properly.  However, every time the problem occurs, I check the file and the settings are exactly as I manually entered them--no changes.  When I reset them in the Preferences panel in-game, then the sfc.ini file picks up the changes and saves the new levels.  The "Sound" portion of my sfc.ini file is listed below:

Code: [Select]
[Sound]
voice=3
GlobalVolume=87
MusicVolume=76
VoiceVolume=86
MaxChannels=128
CollisionAlert=0

When the problem occurs in the game, the voices keep turning themselves off and the music/sound keeps resetting the levels to 100 for everything.

Do I need to change the file permissions on the sfc.ini after I edit it to prevent this issue, or is there some problem within the .exe itself regarding the .ini file being read properly?

Any help is appreciated.  This isn't a big thing, but it's annoying to expect feedback about my Hydran fighters and receive nothing but dead air from the squadrons.
"Never fight a battle you do not have to win." - Captain Kumerian, Klingon Defense Force