Dynaverse.net
Taldrenites => Starfleet Command Models => Topic started by: Klingon Fanatic on October 27, 2003, 11:27:17 pm
-

Well what do you think? This is the second time I retextured this fine ship for the FASA to SFC Collection 
Its still a WIP with some more tweaking that needs to be done.
Textures from Atheorhaven (USS Andor saucer textures), Pataflafla (USS Keyhole) Moonraker (Defelector) and Kreeargh.

If its ok with all the parties I'd like to get this out after Kreeargh updates his site. I will update the READ ME appropriately.
My thoughts on this: In WWII, they used to paint ships odd schemes there is a term for the type of camoflage style paint scheme (it escapes me at the moment) and the USS Keyhole has a kind of stealth attack mode theme to it so I figure why not apply it to the Andor? Upgrade it to a sort of 23rd century BOOMER fires support/Drone Cruiser.
Just my opinion.
Kreeargh this is a great ship, thanks for sharing this with us.
KF
-
I like it, muchly. A must get for me once its released thats for sure.
-
I'll hafta do a do-over of my bridge commander andor mod too. This ones got more weapons
-
Wow.......It's wicked.
Wow.......it's been so long since I was last here.
-
OMGODS she is beautiful! Excellent work all and a definate must-have!
Semper Fi, Carry On
-
I like!
She looks like a Mirror Univese version to me!
-
Ok, a Mini-update:

I'm not 100% sure what I did but I appear to have fixed the majority of the saucer light texture issues. Kreeargh also did some Mod tweaking. He also sent me a lit map for the side of the secondary hull that I also modified.
Well done Kreeargh!
Qapla!
-
Good work guys ! whens this puppy up for download ?
-
IMHO, the saucer should be retextured to match the secondary hull paint scheme.
Btw, I believe you are referring to the "Have Blue" project, the first "stealth" technology...
-
Quote:
IMHO, the saucer should be retextured to match the secondary hull paint scheme.
Btw, I believe you are referring to the "Have Blue" project, the first "stealth" technology...
Regarding the saucer textures, Using the USS Keyhole textures made the ship too dark for my game.At a distance you end up seeing only the nacelle and deflector blue glows... However, there are now enough saucer textures around that folks can change the saucer to their own liking. The overall scheme works great in game, from the right angle and distance it can be confused for being a Loknar class...
As for the term for the naval camoflage scheme, I should have written WWI not WWII. And I think the term starts with the letter 'D' . It's driving me nuts! I can see the High School Naval ROTC page that introduced the term to me painted on a destroyer/cruiser in a battle scene..... No, I was not in Navy ROTC in High School. I waited until college and went Army ROTC, LOL.
At any rate, since hotmail was adding 200KB to my attachments and making this nearly impossible to get to Kreeargh, I took the liberty of posting the Andor Class Refit up at SFU here:
http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~sfc/files/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=639
If you can't find it, do a SEARCH for: FASA Andor Class Refit
Qapla!
KF