Dynaverse.net

Off Topic => Ten Forward => Topic started by: JMM on June 05, 2004, 05:09:39 pm

Title: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: JMM on June 05, 2004, 05:09:39 pm
Even when the fossil fuel energy companies cry "We are not making enough money", in reality they are bufuing fellow Americans every chance they get, so don't believe the hype!

http://www.ic.ucsc.edu/~rlipsch/pol70/oil%20history.html  
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: Barabbas on June 05, 2004, 08:24:03 pm
 
Funny, but I don't believe I've ever heard an oil company say such a thing....
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: JMM on June 05, 2004, 09:25:14 pm
I hear ya big B! I may have been a youngster back during the "oil crunch" of the 70's, but I surely did not know that they STILL made out with 4 times the actual costs! Talk about hefty profit margins, and I thought when I worked auto parts that their profit margins were skyhigh?  
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: Khalee on June 05, 2004, 09:30:37 pm
you know what I remember is this crunch of the 70's was mainly on the coasts as I dont think I ever saw any long lines here In Wichita. Cource we did not do a whole lot of traveling back then either. Just mainly to my uncle in Missiouri once in a while.
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: JMM on June 05, 2004, 09:53:53 pm
We lived by one of the largest refineries in the U.S. until the Saudis built up theirs to be larger than ours (Chevron Refinery in Pascagoula, MS), and there were lines there!

http://www.chevron.com/about/pascagoula/refineryprofile/  
Title: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: JMM on June 05, 2004, 05:09:39 pm
Even when the fossil fuel energy companies cry "We are not making enough money", in reality they are bufuing fellow Americans every chance they get, so don't believe the hype!

http://www.ic.ucsc.edu/~rlipsch/pol70/oil%20history.html  
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: Barabbas on June 05, 2004, 08:24:03 pm
 
Funny, but I don't believe I've ever heard an oil company say such a thing....
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: JMM on June 05, 2004, 09:25:14 pm
I hear ya big B! I may have been a youngster back during the "oil crunch" of the 70's, but I surely did not know that they STILL made out with 4 times the actual costs! Talk about hefty profit margins, and I thought when I worked auto parts that their profit margins were skyhigh?  
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: Khalee on June 05, 2004, 09:30:37 pm
you know what I remember is this crunch of the 70's was mainly on the coasts as I dont think I ever saw any long lines here In Wichita. Cource we did not do a whole lot of traveling back then either. Just mainly to my uncle in Missiouri once in a while.
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: JMM on June 05, 2004, 09:53:53 pm
We lived by one of the largest refineries in the U.S. until the Saudis built up theirs to be larger than ours (Chevron Refinery in Pascagoula, MS), and there were lines there!

http://www.chevron.com/about/pascagoula/refineryprofile/  
Title: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: JMM on June 05, 2004, 05:09:39 pm
Even when the fossil fuel energy companies cry "We are not making enough money", in reality they are bufuing fellow Americans every chance they get, so don't believe the hype!

http://www.ic.ucsc.edu/~rlipsch/pol70/oil%20history.html  
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: Barabbas on June 05, 2004, 08:24:03 pm
 
Funny, but I don't believe I've ever heard an oil company say such a thing....
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: JMM on June 05, 2004, 09:25:14 pm
I hear ya big B! I may have been a youngster back during the "oil crunch" of the 70's, but I surely did not know that they STILL made out with 4 times the actual costs! Talk about hefty profit margins, and I thought when I worked auto parts that their profit margins were skyhigh?  
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: Khalee on June 05, 2004, 09:30:37 pm
you know what I remember is this crunch of the 70's was mainly on the coasts as I dont think I ever saw any long lines here In Wichita. Cource we did not do a whole lot of traveling back then either. Just mainly to my uncle in Missiouri once in a while.
Title: Re: An interesting history of Oil
Post by: JMM on June 05, 2004, 09:53:53 pm
We lived by one of the largest refineries in the U.S. until the Saudis built up theirs to be larger than ours (Chevron Refinery in Pascagoula, MS), and there were lines there!

http://www.chevron.com/about/pascagoula/refineryprofile/