Dynaverse.net
Taldrenites => Starfleet Command Models => Topic started by: Mackie on September 21, 2004, 11:26:45 pm
-
original thread
http://www.the-tcs.net/box//index.php?showtopic=1497&st=0&#entry15010
screenie click click
(http://www.the-tcs.net/ships/images/thumbs/grief.jpg) (http://www.the-tcs.net/ships/images/grief.jpg)
lightwave
http://www.the-tcs.net/dldir/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=192
credits
p81 + gafy
design
who knows, wish i knew
-
*SWEET*
I hope someone converts this - a TMP version of a HDW?
-
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!
SFC2 VERSION!!! PLEASE!!!!
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!
That just rocks! :D :D :D :D
-
anytime mackie wants i can get into mod format.
-
YES! please do so!11111
(http://www.the-tcs.net/mackie/yarrr.jpg)
-
sweet.
-
That's an evil picture Mackie man.(not the ship). ;D
-
yes yes nice . . . more please
-
when ever u caatch me online i'll get it and convert it.
-
thnx dragoon :D
ok manit00ba ill try catch u :)
-
k added :)
-
manitoba u can add me too starforce2(at)hotmail.com
-
and ofcourse...
original thread:
http://www.the-tcs.net/box//index.php?showtopic=1497&st=0&p=15069&#entry15069 (scroll down)
U.S.S. Don Dawson :)
(http://www.the-tcs.net/ships/images/thumbs/dawson.jpg) (http://www.the-tcs.net/ships/images/dawson.jpg)
lightwave version:
http://www.the-tcs.net/dldir/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=%20193
credits:
Pneumonic 81 models, GAFY? textures
-
Aah! Don't say that out loud you'll incur the wrath of the gods or some such catastrophe ;D ::)
Nice ship though, subtle, reminds me of the Podesti class from Jackill's manuals. :thumbsup:
-
Aah! Don't say that out loud you'll incur the wrath of the gods or some such catastrophe ;D ::)
Nice ship though, subtle, reminds me of the Podesti class from Jackill's manuals. :thumbsup:
well ive been devoting a few ships to friends of mine lately hopefully no one gets jealous ;D
jackills manual... hmm... spose ill look it up then if it has good designs as well 8)
-
Good stuff! Look forward to trying these out ;D Thank you.
-
U.S.S. Don Dawson? Is that why the engines are sideways?
;D
;)
-
Nice work Mackie, thanks again- :)
-
No comment on the second model and dedication of, I'd rather try to have a neutral or friendly relation rather than a hostile one with the guy. Hostility over silly things between him and I, at least on my part, isn't worth it anymore.
As for the ships, they're great. However, they seem more... More Federation-ish than your standard Starfleet hull painting in the TMP-era. *shrug* It looks nice, don't get me wrong, it just looks more flashy than what normal TMP ships are. It's not a downside, but just something worth noting. They also seem a bit like they were inspired by Khaliban's textures in a way. I don't know why I'm thinking that... *shrug*
-
No comment on the second model and dedication of, I'd rather try to have a neutral or friendly relation rather than a hostile one with the guy. Hostility over silly things between him and I, at least on my part, isn't worth it anymore.
As for the ships, they're great. However, they seem more... More Federation-ish than your standard Starfleet hull painting in the TMP-era. *shrug* It looks nice, don't get me wrong, it just looks more flashy than what normal TMP ships are. It's not a downside, but just something worth noting. They also seem a bit like they were inspired by Khaliban's textures in a way. I don't know why I'm thinking that... *shrug*
im confused :P does that means theyre good or bad? ;D
-
Okay, I've converted this one over to SFC.. but I'm doing it differently this time because it should be fun. :D
This conversion will have SFC 1, SFC 2, and SFC 3 versions just because. :) SFC 1 and SFC 2 versions are complete.. just working on the SFC 3 version and will get that over to you (along with another one I was working on, as well as those new textures I did for you for the Davids v2..
Should be later on tonight and they'll be there..
-
Bad, Mackie... For how well my brain works. lol
Well to describe the talent made in the two ships in one word: Good. So no worries on criticism... I never found any actually.
-
chris: oh ok ;D
alec: excellent excellent, just remember to upload all three separately instead of one single package for all versions :p
-
chris: oh ok ;D
alec: excellent excellent, just remember to upload all three separately instead of one single package for all versions :p
Already sorted into the various versions.. :)
Starting work on the SFC 3 version of it right after I grab my morning coffee, plus working on the one for Nanner that's been holding up G@W's 2.0 release to try and get that completed as well..
-
good, im waiting >:}}
-
Okay, all that is left to do is to get the text I need for the Dawson.txt and Dawson R.txt files. I'll give you an example using the Klingon Bird of Prey one from G@W (seeing that's the only examples I have handy)..
bop.txt
Class: Frigate (FF)
The follow-on to the toQ-class bird of prey, the B'rel-class was first launched in 2269 and was the first Klingon vessel to be designed around the cloaking device. A durable design, the overall class has been in service since then with occasional refits and variants, although production on it has been stopped and restarted at times over the years. Following the Dominion War, production was finally ended as a new class of small bird of prey is being developed.
bop R.txt
The B'rel class, or Bird of Prey, has been in service for over eighty years and has undergone numerous upgrades and revisions in that time. Because it remains an effective starship concept, the basic B'rel design will probably continue to remain in widespread use for the forseeable future.
This is the smallest vessel in the Klingon fleet, filling the frigate and scout roles.
So let me know what you want, and then the SFC 3 version is ready to go. The SFC 1 and SFC 2 versions are ready now.. do you want them up there now, or wait until the SFC 3 version is ready as well? Seeing it's just a bit of text now.. I'm inclined to wait and release all at once. :)
-
do what you think is best im _WAY_ too drunk now to think of anything really :)
-
do what you think is best im _WAY_ too drunk now to think of anything really :)
All right.. :) I'll pop by your forum and just check out the post there.. may get some ideas. Been meaning to anyways.. found a present for Cyberkada. :D
-
Very nice work... 8)
-
hey mackie im haveing a little problem getting the textures to convert right now but i am working on it
-
no trouble at all, im in no hurry :)
-
Ok, am uploading the SFC 1 and SFC 2 versions as I type this.. never heard back from Don and don't have time before my flight to add in the text.. so the SFC 3 version of this'll have to wait.
But for the surprise.. along with the GAFY textures, I did a set of textures using the p81 base textures and the new illumination style that I figured out while doing G@W. So people'll be able to choose to go the old p81 style textures with my wicked new illuminations, or GAFY's uber-spiff original textures. It's two ships in one.. ;)
(edit: Ah, the heck with it.. I'll release the SFC 3 version as well, it just won't have interesting text when you select the ship. :)
-
excellence :)
ill get it up as soon as i get to it :)
-
ok all three version are up
http://www.the-tcs.net/dldir/pafiledb.php
go browse im feeling v tired :/
-
bump