Dynaverse.net

Taldrenites => Starfleet Command Models => Topic started by: Rod ONeal on December 12, 2004, 11:23:46 pm

Title: Question/Request
Post by: Rod ONeal on December 12, 2004, 11:23:46 pm
I was wondering if P81 ever did an SFB style FDN and Mars BB (TMP versions, of course). If he did does anyone have them or a link?

Thanks,
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: ModelsPlease on December 13, 2004, 03:31:27 am
I was wondering if P81 ever did an SFB style FDN and Mars BB (TMP versions, of course). If he did does anyone have them or a link?

Thanks,

Check Battleclinic,that's where I've been uploading the stuff I have in preparation for my new system. There's of ton of P81 ships and bashes I've collected. Still have a ways to go to get all the ships saved that I have. Ah the joys of a crappy puter.
-MP
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Rod ONeal on December 13, 2004, 08:05:38 pm
OK, help me out, bro. I did look through BC's model's section and didn't find any. Unless some of the stuff DonKarnage uploaded is P81's stuff? I didn't see any other credits for the meshes though besides Don as the author. I DL'd one of Don's models, but the poly count was way higher than typical P81 models and there weren't any LODs.

Don, If you are the original modeler of these fine models, I appologise for not knowing it. The couple that I DLed were very beautifull, just too many polies for what I need.
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Rogue on December 13, 2004, 08:52:46 pm
Rod, I am unaware of P81 ever having done any TOS dreadnoughts or battleships for the Federation. It seems that his first love is TMP for anything of that catagory. The closest to what you are looking for is probably going to be Anduril's models. I don't think he ever did LOD's but his later builds textures were not unlike Rick's. Wished I could help you out but I don't remember them ever being done.
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: ModelsPlease on December 13, 2004, 08:56:40 pm
OK, help me out, bro. I did look through BC's model's section and didn't find any. Unless some of the stuff DonKarnage uploaded is P81's stuff? I didn't see any other credits for the meshes though besides Don as the author. I DL'd one of Don's models, but the poly count was way higher than typical P81 models and there weren't any LODs.

Don, If you are the original modeler of these fine models, I appologise for not knowing it. The couple that I DLed were very beautifull, just too many polies for what I need.

Yes some of them are I believe,possibly kitbashes of his stuff IIRC
-MP
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Klingon Fanatic on December 13, 2004, 10:16:14 pm
I was wondering if P81 ever did an SFB style FDN and Mars BB (TMP versions, of course). If he did does anyone have them or a link?

Thanks,

P81 made a Yorktown a tri-nacelled version of an FDN from TMP Connie parts and he made the Zeus BB from Excelsior parts. Not his best works but they are a place to start. Eras of War and or Battle Clinic should have both.

KF
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: ModelsPlease on December 14, 2004, 03:24:11 am
Hey Rod, how about something like this ?

http://klingon.stasis.ca/models/federation/fs_fdnw4.JPG
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Rod ONeal on December 14, 2004, 06:34:53 pm
Thanks, MP (and all), I appreciate the effort. I'm just surprised that P81 never did a tri-nacelle DN or a Mars style BB. WZ has, and they're beautiful models. I'll keep using his. I was just hoping for something that would be a bit easier on the PC. A multiplayer planet assault, for example, can have a crapload of ships, shuttles, drones, weapon's fire, explosions, mines, etc., etc... and slows things down quite a lot with 5 to 6k+ models. On my system anyway.

In the meantime, if someone like GAFY <hint> decides to do a retexture with LODs... (since I use a lot of his retextures and they'd look soooooo good together) Well, wouldn't that be nice? ;)
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Wolfsglen on December 14, 2004, 06:53:32 pm
Hehe...got 2 types of dreadnought and 2 types of BB-type ships sitting around. Had a ton of other dreads up at SFU before it wiped out as well :/

(http://www.wolfsglen.freeserve.co.uk/1.jpg)
(http://www.wolfsglen.freeserve.co.uk/2.jpg)

I actually bashed these (apart from the starleague dreadnought on the absolute top-right, all i did was tweak the center warp texture and fix a bit of mesh on the pylon below it) for a request that was dropped later on, i purposefully used P-81 parts/based on his parts to keep the FPS at a good level (they have LODs as well) but they dont actually look bad in-game. One of these days i will finish hardpointing them and get em released and then start on a rather tasty idea Dizz came up with.
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Rod ONeal on December 14, 2004, 06:59:02 pm
OK, here's the deal... Get them HPs done and give up the goodies here or I start showing those pics that I have of you and the <fill in the blank> around. ;)

PLEASE! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

P.S. Either shuttlebay arrangement is fine, but I like having the doors up front, if you don't mind.
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Wolfsglen on December 14, 2004, 07:05:59 pm
ROFL  ;D

Tell ya what, i'll get em finished and uploaded for you tomorrow without fail  ;) Will give me time ot get the Hardpoints right and sort out credits.

PS: I will add some more pics up later so you can see the differences between the FBB's and the DN's - the DN's in these pics are basically the Star League (refit of the classic Federation Class dread with front and rear deflectors, front facing shuttlebay etc) and the "nearly identical to Connie but with third warp and rear-facing torps" Federation from Starship Design (i find it makes a good TMP FDNL)
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Rod ONeal on December 14, 2004, 07:09:25 pm
Thanks Wolfsglen. Thanks a lot!!! We really do need that +5 karma button for times like this.  8) :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Rod ONeal on December 14, 2004, 07:23:21 pm
did you say FDNL? Here's the model to use for that. ;D
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Wolfsglen on December 14, 2004, 07:33:12 pm
Got that one too hehe - as a regular FCF fast cruiser in my game at the moment, not bashed as a light dread *yet* ;)
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Wolfsglen on December 15, 2004, 01:15:28 pm
Here ya go Rod, i've put both BB's up so you can pick and choose which you prefer most, and put up my ever so slightly tweaked version of P81's Starleague to go with em...i ran out of space for the OTHER "federation class", but will see about uploading it and a ton of other stuff i have like a tweaked Ascension Class Dread to Battleclinic etc one of these days when ive stopped fiddling around with them :D

(http://www.wolfsglen.freeserve.co.uk/releases/Ares.jpg)

Download Ares http://www.wolfsglen.freeserve.co.uk/releases/Ares.zip

(http://www.wolfsglen.freeserve.co.uk/releases/Mars.jpg)

Download Mars http://www.wolfsglen.freeserve.co.uk/releases/Mars.zip

(http://www.wolfsglen.freeserve.co.uk/releases/Star.jpg)

Download Starleague http://www.wolfsglen.freeserve.co.uk/releases/StarLeague.zip
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Rod ONeal on December 16, 2004, 12:01:51 am
Thank you... thank you... thank you... You are my latest greatest hero.  8) :thumbsup:


Edit: I just finished DLing them and checking them out. They're perfect, man. Exactly what I needed.
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: GotAFarmYet? on December 16, 2004, 07:06:33 am
When I get back in town I will see what those look like with the new textures I did forthe FCA and FCL. Looks like the texture fits were redone on those so I can do both sides ofthe upper engines with out screwing the lower ones.
Title: Re: Question/Request
Post by: Rod ONeal on December 16, 2004, 09:43:50 am
Oooo, Hi-res textures! That'd rock, GAFY.