Dynaverse.net

Taldrenites => Starfleet Command Models => Topic started by: Sapharite on January 09, 2005, 05:41:27 am

Title: Help needed...
Post by: Sapharite on January 09, 2005, 05:41:27 am
How to check a proper size of the Mesh in Max and rescale it properely ??  :-\
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: stewiedude on January 09, 2005, 06:46:57 am
I normally import another ship, normally stresspuppies connie as it is so accurate.. and scale it compared to his model :)
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: Sapharite on January 09, 2005, 06:50:05 am
I was doing the same ;D but this is not as accurate as it should be... But I see this the only way for now. Can you send me a link to download this Connie??
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: stewiedude on January 09, 2005, 06:50:37 am
gis a sec :)
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: stewiedude on January 09, 2005, 06:51:37 am
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163350024.0.html

In that thread  ;)
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: Sandman3D on January 09, 2005, 10:32:41 am
Hehe, I usually just import the ship I'm replacing and scale appropriately. :P
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: Captain Pierce on January 09, 2005, 11:21:25 am
Yeah, that's what I've been doing (I've just started learning SFC2 importing ;) ), but there's a problem with that method--Taldren's models aren't in scale to each other.  So if you make, for example, a Constitution refit, and scale it to the Taldren FCA, and then make an Excelsior, and scale it to the Taldren FDN (or whatever that is, I forget now :D ), then their relative scale will look the same as the game models--but it won't be "right" (by which I mean that the Excelsior won't look to be half again as long as the Constitution, like most sources agree that it should).  Using one ship as a constant "ruler" is probably a better way of keeping your ships scaled to each other, if you care about that sort of thing...  ;)
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: Wicked Zombie on January 09, 2005, 02:28:50 pm
The only stock ship that I am aware of that is accurate to scale is the FCA. It's what a majority of modelers have been using as a basis since the old SFC 1 era. Of course if you don't use the FCA, you still need to start with one ship as a basis. You could compare various ships and see if most of them are in scale with each other then go from there. It also doesn't hurt if you have an accurate set of references to go by either.
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: Sapharite on January 09, 2005, 03:47:03 pm
Then I hope that my Centaur kitbash is scaled right and Pneumonic 81's FCA was scaled right etc. This Centaur has Pneumonic's parts :D So I might assume She should be scaled with pneumonic's ships? Or Should I use Wicked Zombies FCA as a reference? ;)  :-\
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: Centurus on January 09, 2005, 09:09:28 pm
How to check a proper size of the Mesh in Max and rescale it properely ??  :-\

Forgive me for asking.  I'm still below a noob with this, but exactly how do you rescale a ship model in Max?  I don't care about scaling it to a proper size.  Just curious as to how you rescale it period.  Thanks.
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: stewiedude on January 09, 2005, 10:02:14 pm
at the top toolbar you have the crosshair arrows for moving stuff, the lasso for selecting stuff.... and their is a skew tool, and it has various settings but dont worry about them... if you select it then go to the bottom of the screen.. their are the axis number boxes.... to the left of these is a padlock... double click this first.... then inside the axis number boxes... stick in a figure... anything below 100 will shrink, and because you have highlighted the padlock it will do it on all axis. Anything above 100 will enlarge  :)
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: Centurus on January 09, 2005, 11:43:57 pm
THANKS!
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: F9th0mega on January 10, 2005, 05:28:50 am
does the right click when you select scale with the wierd dragging system work in max as well?
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: stewiedude on January 10, 2005, 07:15:45 am
My bad.... not the padlock.... to shrink and grow use these settings  ;)

(http://www.myimgs.com/data/markyd/examplet.jpg)
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: Sapharite on January 10, 2005, 09:48:31 am
One question. 3D Studio 6 does not support Taldren MOD Plugin does it??  ;D
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: wulf111 on January 10, 2005, 10:41:49 am
the plugins were only made for V3 and 4 but will work with 5 and there is no support for 6 or 7
Title: Re: Help needed...
Post by: stewiedude on January 10, 2005, 10:49:08 am
No it doesnt, but I just create in 6, then export to LOD, import with with 5 then export to .mod  :)