Dynaverse.net

Taldrenites => Starfleet Command Models => Topic started by: yochenhsieh on June 06, 2005, 03:32:43 am

Title: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: yochenhsieh on June 06, 2005, 03:32:43 am
Hello,
I'm modifying the textures of the stock Taldren Fek'lhr Class -- I think the design is good, but it just need to have "correct" color scheme. So far the progress is going nicely (at least, I think so.):
http://yochenhsieh.myweb.hinet.net/feklhr.jpg

However, I don't have any 3D modeling program... therefore I cannot fix some texture mistakes, for example:
http://yochenhsieh.myweb.hinet.net/feklhr2.jpg

So, if anyone's interested, please help me to fix it. You can download the file from
http://yochenhsieh.myweb.hinet.net/feklhr.zip (model, textures, *.gf, all included)

I'll include this ship in my "little" stock replacement mod, and your name will be credited. If you think you can do much more and make it better, just go ahead and do anything you want with it. You may even release it yourself, just remember to put a note that it's based upon my work. :)
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: ModelsPlease on June 06, 2005, 04:15:35 am
OK I fixed it for you, where would you like me to send it ?

-MP
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: Greenvalv on June 06, 2005, 08:17:59 am
Uhhh, Hsieh, could you send me the finished product?  I'm going nutz looking for a replacement for the Fek'lhr.
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: yochenhsieh on June 06, 2005, 10:32:15 am
Uhhh, Hsieh, could you send me the finished product?  I'm going nutz looking for a replacement for the Fek'lhr.

Sure, I'll send you when it's finished. :)

But please don't expect my retextures too much... Personally, I'd recommend Cleeve's K'vek to replace Fek'lhr:
http://staryards.battleclinic.com/Downloads/Ships/Klingon/3_TNG/Kvek/Kvek.htm
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: Greenvalv on June 06, 2005, 11:48:26 am
Tried that at first, but I want the model replaced with the same thing just with a better mesh and textures.  Although, the K'Vek does look good.....
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: ModelsPlease on June 06, 2005, 11:50:57 am
Tried that at first, but I want the model replaced with the same thing just with a better mesh and textures.  Although, the K'Vek does look good.....

I'm sure ya already know Green , there are 3 texture varients of the Fek'lhr Class over at Battleclinic. LOL I saw them earlier. ;)

-MP
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: Greenvalv on June 06, 2005, 12:00:20 pm
Yup, but they're still flat as pancakes.....
 
Actually what I would like is the stock SFC3 model be given a better mesh and textures, keeping the green Klingon look to them, instead of the greenish gray that the Armada models have.
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: Mr_Tricorder on June 06, 2005, 12:17:08 pm
I could see what I can do with the stock Fek'lhr model after I finish those other ships for you.  I'm not that great at making textures yet, but I can apply them to a ship pretty well.
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: Greenvalv on June 06, 2005, 02:40:57 pm
Well, then do your best!
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: yochenhsieh on June 07, 2005, 08:35:50 am
Thanks, ModelsPlease. Though I didn't use the fixed file you sent me(sorry!)-- before I saw your mail, I changed some parts of that texture and I don't want to do it again -- so I just modified mine according to the way you fixed it. (Very smart... use the hull color to replace the black background. )

Here comes my final retextured Fek'lhr class -- with hull textures, damage textures, growing groups, and GUI shots(BS/TI/VL.bmp) changed -- you can get it in the attachment of this post.

As I said, don't expect too much... I'm still new at this field... only know some graphics editing skills.

[edit]re-attach the file with readme included. Thanks again, ModelsPlease. :)
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: ModelsPlease on June 07, 2005, 10:42:03 am
LOL No problemo but now ya know how to do it for the next one  ;). BTW ya forgot to put a read me file in your D/L so no one's gonna know who did this retexture work.

-MP
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: yochenhsieh on June 14, 2005, 03:54:08 am
Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I found some nice concept artworks of Fek'lhr...

The Fek'lhr from ST:Armada
http://stgu.com/startrekscreenshots/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=0

The Fek'lhr from SFC3
http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/images/sfc3/starfleet_screen011.jpg
It looks like the Taldren version of Fek'lhr has a smoother hull shape, and a longer "neck" section.

Oh, and I just updated the comparison pic of the stock Taldren fek'lhr and my retextured one:
 (almost forgot it completely)
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: Mr_Tricorder on June 14, 2005, 07:37:25 am
Good job digging up those pics.  Your retexture is definitely the better version.  It's a lot easier on the eyes.  The stock green texture is ugly.
Title: Re: Stock SFC3 Fek'lhr retexture
Post by: USS Mariner on June 14, 2005, 08:44:54 am
You know, from the picture, it looks as if the SFC3 Fek'lhr has a separable neck, because the "holey box" on the mesh appears to be some kind of push-button apparatus in the drawing...neat.

I'd love to see a "neckless mutated head" version of the Fek'lhr, like a Mark I against the Mark II (SFC3 version.)