Dynaverse.net
Taldrenites => Starfleet Command Models => Topic started by: OlBuzzard on July 17, 2005, 09:09:05 pm
-
Well ladies and gents ...We've about got this wrapped up. We added the Phasers back in ... that means the work will need to be done in the hard points and other areas where the phasers will be limited to pH 10's. There are no torps.
This ship is essentially a major "floating Medical research and support" vessel. It carries with it the finest that Star Fleet has to offer including experimental Medical equipment that is not found on research facilities let alone a Star ship. The idea is to "boldly go" where conventional Medical research can not or has not gone before.
Missing is her registry. This is for 2 reasons:
1. I stink at registries. ;D
2. The number itself.
I thought for the number to use the date of the attacks on the UK 7/11 followed by the date of attacks on the US .. 9/11. Thus the number 711911. i'm just not certain how appropriate this would be?
(in-put on this item please)
And of course lastly here are the wip picts. Please note that I DID include the "glows" as requested. (Turned out to be an ok idea !)
(http://www.olbuzzard.com/ArmadaMed04.jpg)
-
the date of the uk strike was 7/7.
but the date thing is fitting...i suggest 701911
hows that? or you could go 900701?
*edit*
its a hell of a beautiful ship, you do good work
-
NCC-77911 U.S.S. Hope...sounds good to me. If ya want Buzz, send it to me and I can do the reg. ;)
-
First my deepest apologies on the date. If 701911 is appropriate with the development of the Armada .. and the USS HOPE (assuming that it has not already been taken) .. then that would work.
BTW ... thanks for the compliment. Please keep in mind that a lot of the textures were provided by the original developers of the model. ( I just more or less did a face lift and converted it to a Med Unit)
-
:banghead:
i made a mistake...stupid keyboard. 701911 should actually be 707911
i dunno why i did that
-
I agree... I will look at the thread Makie started on lettering for the Registry..
But I will still need tto get the hard points changed so it reflects the weapons capabilities. She should still have a good warp core for better than average shields as this would be a requirement for a vesel of this sort.
thanks
-
Buzz, and for that matter all of you guys, Never fail to amaze me with not just the models, but the caring you show to everyone who has taken a hit due to the Terrorist.
As for the Registry, I think It's an honor to do what you propose Dan. Anyone who knows you, also knows, It's out of respect that you would put those dates in. Besides that , the ship looks Wonderfull.
Stephen
-
What about madrid?
Honestly i suggest 773911
7/7 for london 3/11 and 9/11 for madrid an NY rolled into one.
-
Buzz, and for that matter all of you guys, Never fail to amaze me with not just the models, but the caring you show to everyone who has taken a hit due to the Terrorist.
As for the Registry, I think It's an honor to do what you propose Dan. Anyone who knows you, also knows, It's out of respect that you would put those dates in. Besides that , the ship looks Wonderfull.
Stephen
Thanks bud ....
FOS .. I will consider the proposal. I'm still at work right now. So it will be later this evening or tomorrow before I can get to it.
Thanks again for the input ...
Now .. If we can just get this puppy done I will be very grateful.
-
okie ... here it is with the registries ( first time for everything )
input ?
please !
(all that is needed would be the hard points corrected then she's ready for release)
(http://www.olbuzzard.com/ArmadaMed05.jpg)
-
Damn son, you learn good! ;D
-
:thumbsup:
Slick.
-
Very nice buzz, you do good work :D
-
Thanks guys ...
keep the comments comming ..
BTW.. if there are problems with any of this ( size of registry distortions .. differnet fonts needed ....etc ..) Please let me know. That is why I'm posting this. It's the first time I've done registry stuff .. so I need that input.
Thanks
-
the only issues i have is that the shuttle bay launches right into the medical pod on the back of the ship (guess they will have to train them to make a sharp turn on takeoff LOL) and you could curve the U.S.S.HOPE and use the same font to match the NCC reg numbers
-
The shuttle bay thingy ... well that was part of the original design of the Armada itself. ( kinda out of my league to change that ).
I tried to match the same "concept" as the lettering off of the Armada as well. Although I did relocate it due to the location of the "red cross".
Not a bad idea to use the same font as the Registry though .. I will take a look at that this eveing when I get home. Probably I'll take a look at other versions of the Galaxy class ..... etc that use simular lettering...
again ...
thank you
-
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
That's what I have to say.
Stephen
-
NCC-77911 U.S.S. Hope...sounds good to me. If ya want Buzz, send it to me and I can do the reg. ;)
I concur...make it so!
Semper Fi, Carry On
-
negative on the madrid thing then?
its cool.
-
Bump ...
As soon as we get the hard points right (weapons corrected .. I'll set it up for uploading)
-
Did the registries come out ok? Hope they did. Also, who's doing the hardpointing? :-D When will we see this ship saving lives?
-
I thought at one point someone had said they could to do the hard points. But that was a couple of weeks ago. (Maybe they are just bussy?)
But ... hopefully soon this will be activated for duty.
(BTW... let Sochin know on the 9th Forums we are trying to get this puppy done !)
-
Buzz, zip up the model and I'll hardpoint it for you. Just need you to more or less show me where you want the phasers to come out from, and I'll put the hardpoints there. Even write up some specs for you. If you're still having problems with the registries, I'll whip them up for you too.
And I'd rather just smack Sochin with this ship when she's ready to fly. :-D
-
hey, what are you doing this far down?
How is the project going?
Semper Fi, Carry On
-
I've been wondering the exact same thing. Never got the ship, and I always check my e-mail, even the junk folder. Hotmail tends to put e-mails in there sometimes.