Dynaverse.net
Taldrenites => Starfleet Command Models => Topic started by: Adonis on January 21, 2006, 05:33:36 pm
-
Well, she's done for a while now, so guess it's time to start the showoff ;D
There are 4 variants in total, these pix are of the basic one. The rest have modelled differences in weaponary, namely, the civil version lacks the fore port and starboard and aft phaser strips, the Quantum turret, and the lower pair of torp tubes, there's a version without the quantum turret, and a version lacking the lower pair of torp tubes.
The model is mapped in a simmilar manner as the SNS Galaxy, so making registry variants is easy ;) in BC, the buzzards and plasma manifolds will be animated 8-)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/USSCheyenne_Beauty.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/USSCheyenne_Beauty_00.jpg)
Civil variant:
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/USSJuno_Beauty.jpg)
Alternate color scheme:
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/CheyenneClassAltColor_Beauty.jpg)
And here's the naked model, with diffuse maps only and without advanced lightning like on the pix upstairs, and I'll show ya some detailing too ;D Now, note that the impulse engines, deflector, and the pennant areas are also mapped onto the ID map, so they can be changed too. I have included both pennant and stripe types in the source psd.
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Fore.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Side.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Top.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Final.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Final_00.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Final_01.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Final_02.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Final_03.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Final_04.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Final_05.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Final_06.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Final_07.jpg)
(http://outalance.battleclinic.com/Adonis/images/Temp/Cheyenne_Final_08.jpg)
-
Awsome model dude, i really like the aztec pattern on the saucer. Well Done!
-
Wow, that is really nice. Heck, why call it a refit, it looks like a whole new vessel to me. Even better then the Cheyenne class in my opinion. :thumbsup:
-
Wow, that is really nice. Heck, why call it a refit, it looks like a whole new vessel to me. Even better then the Cheyenne class in my opinion. :thumbsup:
Ya know that's not a bad idea at all since it is far superior looking then any Cheyenne out there. How about .........
- Apache
- Cherokee
Or any other Indian tribe to keep the theme going. Just a thought. Great work !!!!!!!!!
-MP
-
thats cool, the textures are great, only the nacelles are a bit to flat, i think
-
Very impressive. Although I can accept it as a refit as I did with the 2271 Constitution-class refit, it just seems... Well, it looks like the Cheyenne-class has gone from 2350s/2360s sleek profile to being a little more, well, "bloated-looking" as far as the hull sections (that looked like Galaxy-class necks on the original design) especially, along with the thinning pylons and nacelles... But then, don't we grow older and less sleek?
Which is why--aside from the Constitution-class becoming more beautiful after the 2271 refit--I accept this FC-era refit. It looks real nice and has definate traits of 2370s starships. I really like it and would use it in my game. Well, if I had SFC: OP installed of course, I only have SFC1 installed, working my way to save space so I *can* install SFC: OP. But anyhow, I like your model, Adonis. It's impressive.
Just taking what I said from here (http://wickedzombie45.proboards46.com/index.cgi?board=ShipReleasesandPreviews&action=display&thread=1136952280), that's all.
-
thats cool, the textures are great, only the nacelles are a bit to flat, i think
Personally, I kinda like the flat look, assuming this ship is Post TNG and a new design instead of a Refit of a Cheyenne.
-
Fantastic!!
So when do we get to fly her eh? 8) :thumbsup:
-
Make up anice, appropriately somber and heroic death for the original U.S.S. Cheyenne II during the Dominion War, then call this lovely the Cheyenne II-class in honor of the original.
That much said, this is the FINEST looking post-TNG Fed I have seen in... well, ever.
Not much of a Fed fan... but this one really takes the cake!