Dynaverse.net

Taldrenites => Starfleet Command Models => Topic started by: Darkdrone on February 13, 2006, 10:56:58 am

Title: U.s.s Recovery and Nightingale [DL links added]
Post by: Darkdrone on February 13, 2006, 10:56:58 am
was looking over the stock models of OP this morning looking at the rom RFA for nexus
when i looked in the XLUX folder forgot alabout that model

well got me thinking Fed med Ship :) so after few hrs of retextureing and remodeling
i come up with this so got few things to tweak like the engines
not happy with them yet

(http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1pM0jCSUoiRhAwbAC2oemq50tl2x7N-oBfZxlg5qsxAxsl7-Qa8_0NCwbhcOmC55tCAXYDG98SzoY4S6mvMSnv-6w3a3HPnMqC63R21XDsCXezoKTV2JDryFcG6AJwfB9BLZvswcZCGvY)

DD
Title: Re: W.I.P: Fed Med ship
Post by: Chris Johnson on February 13, 2006, 11:05:13 am
As I said when we were chatting, it's good.  But again, if it's a Fed ship, perhaps it might need not be a Starfleet vessel because of the general design lineages of the TMP-era (as you said this ship was in) Starships used by Starfleet.  Though I wouldn't count out usages of unusual ship designs by Starfleet, it seems more plausable as a civilian-ran Federation medical ship given the design, and maybe cover the ship up with lighter paint along with the medical emblems and maybe markings for an NAR registry?

Just some ideas, that's all.  Still, it's a nice ship and I think the polygon count (562) is quite nice.
Title: Re: W.I.P: Fed Med ship
Post by: Starforce2 on February 13, 2006, 03:48:34 pm
nice work,very utilitarian design.
Title: Re: W.I.P: Fed Med ship
Post by: Sandman3D on February 13, 2006, 04:01:35 pm
Very nice DD, though I agree, maybe lighten the paint job and give her civilian markings. ;)
Title: Re: W.I.P: Fed Med ship
Post by: ModelsPlease on February 14, 2006, 12:28:29 am
Looks good, I'd add a real deflector to it instead of the drawn on texture.

-MP
Title: Re: W.I.P: Fed Med ship
Post by: Darkdrone on February 14, 2006, 03:46:28 am
talking to rage this morning and he said make the grey lighter after trying it did look better 50% more lighter now
also added a modeled deflector dish like ModelsPlease said does make it look better the
model now stands at 698 polys :D

still got abit of tweaking to do

also its now got a name u.s.s Recovery

(http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1pM0jCSUoiRhAwbAC2oemq541Gctng4d8_MW1uhH9KTPLnDKNz5xbOnbjSbV5p3m9FqhIM8w_V1PqNksG6Zd3t7pXg-ch1YIbkJ2itD-4hbAcio7qNaNezWkD70YVW_BmDFq4uTmP2kAc)

DD
Title: Re: W.I.P: Fed Med ship
Post by: wulf111 on February 14, 2006, 06:51:36 am
looks much better with the lighter textures my only suggestion would be to make the naccels a bit less boxy maybe more similar to side facing galaxy class naccels or even the ones from MP's Shaandra might look good on it.
Title: Re: W.I.P: Fed Med ship
Post by: Darkdrone on February 14, 2006, 10:58:35 am
No offence intended but the medical symbol looks kinda like a romulan empire insignia,
might i suggest something like this
([url]http://outalance.battleclinic.com/fallen_warrior/images/med%20hull.jpg[/url])
the name isnt a suggestion it was just used for effect, but your welcome to use it, the idea is that carol marcus was born on April 22nd 2239 (this makes her around 5-6 years younger on kirks age)


its same one man just mine is green

DD
Title: Re: W.I.P: Fed Med ship
Post by: Darkdrone on February 14, 2006, 11:06:16 am
(http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1pM0jCSUoiRhAwbAC2oemq57eAmQPOfwdpbNyQhWGFzvm95lVkGGIQysWdl76V-2RMZ1el-pd0tF1Ja93TZ46XrT1ycEReiFt1n3vNNd6EC7xlTxheJQ0FQ-GPNWIg7FzEwoz2gBShGp0)

final versions happy with what i got now
engines 30% longer and abit slimer too

DD
Title: Re: U.s.s Recovery and Nightingale
Post by: ModelsPlease on February 14, 2006, 11:21:21 am
Now that's cool. I like that alot !!!!
Title: Re: W.I.P: Fed Med ship
Post by: Fedman NCC-3758 on February 14, 2006, 11:25:45 am
No offence intended but the medical symbol looks kinda like a romulan empire insignia,
might i suggest something like this
([url]http://outalance.battleclinic.com/fallen_warrior/images/med%20hull.jpg[/url])
the name isnt a suggestion it was just used for effect, but your welcome to use it, the idea is that carol marcus was born on April 22nd 2239 (this makes her around 5-6 years younger on kirks age)


Maybe it should be for Dr. David  Marcus for his heroism in protecting his comrads by sacrificing his life.
Title: Re: U.s.s Recovery and Nightingale
Post by: ModelsPlease on February 15, 2006, 12:05:13 am
Hey DD may I suggest you label one for Starfleet Marine use ?
Title: Re: U.s.s Recovery and Nightingale
Post by: Darkdrone on February 15, 2006, 01:23:25 am
Hey DD may I suggest you label one for Starfleet Marine use ?


if u got a logo for them np man

DD
Title: Re: U.s.s Recovery and Nightingale
Post by: Darkdrone on February 15, 2006, 02:15:00 am
U.s.s Recovery [SFC]
 
U.s.s Recovery

Mesh/: Darkdrone/Taldren
Textures : Darkdrone/Taldren

Format: Sfc2/op

http://files.filefront.com/Xrecoveryjpg/;4764726;;/fileinfo.html
 


U.s.s Nightingale [sfc]
 
 
U.s.s Nightingale

Mesh/: Darkdrone/Taldren
Textures : Darkdrone/Taldren

Format: Sfc2/op

http://files.filefront.com/XNightingalezip/;4764713;;/fileinfo.html
 
Title: Re: U.s.s Recovery and Nightingale
Post by: ModelsPlease on February 15, 2006, 09:15:16 am
Hey DD may I suggest you label one for Starfleet Marine use ?



if u got a logo for them np man

DD


Take your pick................
http://memoryalpha.region7.com/sfmc.html
Title: Re: U.s.s Recovery and Nightingale [DL links added]
Post by: exadvent on February 15, 2006, 03:19:52 pm
 :huh:Download link for USS recovery is to a JPG file.  Is there a Model of this ship? :huh: :huh:
Title: Re: U.s.s Recovery and Nightingale [DL links added]
Post by: Darkdrone on February 16, 2006, 01:27:56 am
:huh:Download link for USS recovery is to a JPG file.  Is there a Model of this ship? :huh: :huh:


http://files.filefront.com/Xrecoveryzip/;4769038;;/fileinfo.html

sorry about tht the silly drone uploaded the wrong file

DD