Dynaverse.net

Taldrenites => Starfleet Command Models => Topic started by: Dizzy on July 11, 2006, 02:58:57 pm

Title: Klingon DC5 - Anyone seen one?
Post by: Dizzy on July 11, 2006, 02:58:57 pm
Ever? I have an SSD for one... and it looks like it could be a bad ass model...

http://www.darkshire.org/~jhkim/public_html/sfb/ships/KlnDC5.gif

This puppy comes out in 2274 right b4 Klingon War Destroyers come out... Looks like it has some sort of centered double warp engine I've never seen plus two boom mounted warp booster pods. The hull shape just looks really mean. I'd love to see it done. The year puts it square in TMP era. Any takers?
Title: Re: Klingon DC5 - Anyone seen one?
Post by: ModelsPlease on July 11, 2006, 10:39:11 pm
I've seen a few at Battleclinic and I think WZ did one as well but none that look like that interesting sketch.
Title: Re: Klingon DC5 - Anyone seen one?
Post by: Starforce2 on July 11, 2006, 10:56:55 pm
Any idea what the design is that goes with this? I'm always interested in new klingon designs.
Title: Re: Klingon DC5 - Anyone seen one?
Post by: IndyShark on July 13, 2006, 06:45:01 pm
You have to love those firing arcs!
Title: Re: Klingon DC5 - Anyone seen one?
Post by: ModelsPlease on July 14, 2006, 02:43:16 am
Any idea what the design is that goes with this? I'm always interested in new klingon designs.

It looks like Atra's D5 neck with warp nacelles attached to it and a BoP hull. If I'm reading the sketch right. Though I might use one of Kleeves KDX sec hulls instead.
Title: Re: Klingon DC5 - Anyone seen one?
Post by: Terradyhne on July 14, 2006, 04:21:06 am
i think its more based on the F5 frigate with added micronacelles on the boom
made a quick bash out of my F6 frigate mesh and an BOP model

(http://www.terradyhne-yards.de/PrevPics/KDC5W.jpg)

this DC5 version should not have those Torp tubes and the textures on the F6 mesh aren't done completely
Title: Re: Klingon DC5 - Anyone seen one?
Post by: ModelsPlease on July 14, 2006, 06:02:56 am
WOW nicely done !!!! I kinda like that.  :)
Title: Re: Klingon DC5 - Anyone seen one?
Post by: Dizzy on July 14, 2006, 06:20:07 am
Wow plus karma! Thats fantastic!

How kosher would it be if I asked to help with the textures? I love to meddle with the little things.
Title: Re: Klingon DC5 - Anyone seen one?
Post by: Starforce2 on July 16, 2006, 10:47:21 pm
I think the head needs to be shrunk a tad or something besides a D7 head used. It doesn't look like a D7 head in that image to me. Despite that minor detail it looks great.