Dynaverse.net
Taldrenites => Starfleet Command Models => Topic started by: ModelsPlease on August 08, 2006, 12:23:04 am
-
OUTALANCE SHIPYARDS
U.S.S.Hickerman NCC-1850
Falcon Class Starship
(http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/images/82c9f9d3b077924545a779250d165ff5.JPG)
Owner : United Federation of Planets
Class : Medium Ship
Availability : Unlimited Deployment
In Service : 2251
Out of Service : n/a
Source : Wolfpack Designs
---------------
This kitbash is based on a design I saw in a pic on the Wolfpack website entitled "Portrait of the USS Falcon".
I thought it was a unique design and might be cool to have in game so I bashed it up.
I guess it could be used as a Diplomatic Courier or a Patrol Frigate, or anything else you decide.
After all it's you game ultimately. Enjoy folks !!!!!
---------------
Author : ModelsPlease
Kitbashed by : ModelsPlease
Model Parts : Rick Knox
Model Design : Eric Peterson of the Wolfpak http://wolf359a.anet-stl.com/pic/p98.html
Textures : GotAFarmYet?
HP & DPs : Khalee
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,56dc9728deb66c568f2ae08e07977b65.rar
-
Is that just a saucer with 4 oberth nacelles? We must finally be running out of ways to bash connies LOL ;D
-
I really like it! -
Honestly I've often thought that what with the way most StarFleet ships are designed that there would be a lot more "utility" type "flying saucers". While I'm new to modeling, i've thought about bashing something to use as a sort of System Defense Boat - no warp drives, or perhaps limited range ones. Maybe a small one of those nifty circular/tubular nacelles back near the impulse drives.....
-
I'd like it and many more you do if it wasn't for one thing... You are still using the old p81 parts when there are far superior alternatives knocking about (most notably Khalibans Ent A or WZ45's version).
Ropey poly count just detracts from it all...
-
look cool :), what class is it?, look a bit like a frigate or a destroyer.
-
I'd like it and many more you do if it wasn't for one thing... You are still using the old p81 parts when there are far superior alternatives knocking about (most notably Khalibans Ent A or WZ45's version).
Ropey poly count just detracts from it all...
The problem is, the ships are designed to be shared with BC and what not and thats dificult to do when you bash from a connie with 70 textures more than it needs. You can keep the WZ stuff for yourself.
-
Not to mention not all ships are made to be bashed. P81 parts are generally self made and easy to seperate, not everyone designed their ships with that in mind.
Besides you can make textures that look more like khalibans and apply them to P81s connie and its parts, I did.
-
look cool :), what class is it?, look a bit like a frigate or a destroyer.
I would say frigate Don.
-
I'd like it and many more you do if it wasn't for one thing... You are still using the old p81 parts when there are far superior alternatives knocking about (most notably Khalibans Ent A or WZ45's version).
Ropey poly count just detracts from it all...
The problem is, the ships are designed to be shared with BC and what not and thats dificult to do when you bash from a connie with 70 textures more than it needs. You can keep the WZ stuff for yourself.
No SF, i'm sorry, ships are not designed to be shared, they are designed for the sole purpose of pleasing the author. the sharing part is an afterthought
-
I'd like it and many more you do if it wasn't for one thing... You are still using the old p81 parts when there are far superior alternatives knocking about (most notably Khalibans Ent A or WZ45's version).
Ropey poly count just detracts from it all...
The problem is, the ships are designed to be shared with BC and what not and thats dificult to do when you bash from a connie with 70 textures more than it needs. You can keep the WZ stuff for yourself.
No SF, i'm sorry, ships are not designed to be shared, they are designed for the sole purpose of pleasing the author. the sharing part is an afterthought
The whole point of outalance is to, among other things, get ships between games. Additionaly, since everything MP does goes to both SFC(s) and BC, you are incorrect. (otherwise why else would he be msn'ing me all this stuff and bugging me for conversion updates?)
-
That makes the 70th time you've mentioned me and my 70 textures. That little critique has run it's course, I'd say.
-------
MP and others have kitbashed my ships before and those have ended up on other sites (SFC3files, BCFiles, Battleclinic, etc.) and I didn't have a problem with it, nor should I. I never said anything about my ships being SFC only, I just said I didn't want certain ships posted elsewhere. Kitbashes using only some parts of ships are an exception as long as people make the formality of asking ahead of time. I'm certainly not the only modder to make that little request.
Kitbashers can use whatever or who ever's parts they want and as FW pointed out, there are sometimes particular reasons for their choices. Texture size, detail, mapping, unforeseen errors that require an alternative to be found, personal preference, conformity between parts, program limitations, the original modeler being an egotistical self centered tyrant who's trust has been blunted by others, the list goes on.
All of that is besides the point, however. It's the kitbasher/modder's choice to use whatever they want and as long as they're satisfied with the results, that's all that matters.