Dynaverse.net

Taldrenites => Starfleet Command Models => Topic started by: Red_Green on March 31, 2007, 08:28:28 am

Title: OT FASA Dr Who Weapon Props
Post by: Red_Green on March 31, 2007, 08:28:28 am
These are based on designs from the FASA Dr Who roleplaying game module titled The Iyten Menace. They are suppose to be energy weapons that a dealer in the 1880's was passing off to collectors as relics from Lost Atlantis. I have always been interested in the props used in Sci Fi shows. Though these were never actually in a Dr Who episode. I made these out of mostly wood and some parts from a hardware store. The longest one measures about 11" in length and is perfectly balanced so you can twirl it.

I used a special paint on some of the wood parts to make it appear like gun metal. Got interested in this when I watched an extra feature on Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda regarding props. I had thought they designed and made there gun props from scratch but sometimes that actually use part of a toy rifle and attach vacuum hoses and other pieces and then finish it to look like a space weapon. Kinda interesting.

Unfortuneately the lighting was pretty bad when I took the photos so the wood grain finish doesn't show up like in person.
Title: Re: OT FASA Dr Who Weapon Props
Post by: ModelsPlease on March 31, 2007, 12:20:25 pm
You should post this on the Hobby Modelling Daughter board. This is some nice work  ;D.
Title: Re: OT FASA Dr Who Weapon Props
Post by: Alphageek on April 01, 2007, 09:39:12 pm
Very nice.  Plus 1 for putting so much work into a Doctor Who item.
Title: Re: OT FASA Dr Who Weapon Props
Post by: CC22 on April 03, 2007, 07:09:47 am
Very nice! Dr Who all the way!