Dynaverse.net
Off Topic => Ten Forward => Topic started by: Electric Eye on May 06, 2007, 03:00:07 pm
-
Big deal, so they are grossing more money, that's no surprise since the average movie ticket is 8-10 dollars here in Texas.
I found this cool website that breaks it down by how much a ticket cost over the years:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm?adjust_yr=2007&p=.htm
One thing that the movie companies and that website forgot? To include the population of the United States as a factor. We now have over 300 million people in the U.S., and even if half of that amount was old enough to go to the movies, that still leaves 150 million potential customers, which would equal over a billion dollars easy at even a paltry 8 dollars a ticket. Many theaters are also pushing other movies aside so they have multiple rooms for viewing these blockbusters (Even in Mexico they devoted 1/3 of the rooms in the theater to Revenge of the Sith), this was not so back in the day as I remember Star Wars got one room just like every other movie.
I'm not downgrading SM3 at all, even if it is not of interest to me besides watching it on DVD at home, I just do not like all the B.S. coming from the bean counters in Hollyweird.
-
I saw it this weekend. I wasn't impressed. Uninspiring would be better.
Everything felt forced. There wasn't much flow to the movie. There was practically no buildup to any of the fight scenes. It's like, "oh, time for a fight scene... (3 mins of fighting) ... oh ok, enough of that, back to your regularly scheduled love triangle drama movie".