Topic: OP vs EAW  (Read 10666 times)

Rondo_GE

Re: OP vs EAW
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2003, 03:46:31 am »
OP is the game that everyone SHOULD have switched to when it came out.   It didn't happen because too many of the ladder match guys didn't want to mess with the X ships; that is they didn't want to "say no" to an advanced era match when they were challenged for it.    Of course by the time SFC2 got finished with it (RIP Gorns, RIP Lyrans, RIP Hydrans), there wasn't much left of the ladder match community to matter.  

Which is a roundabout way of saying that SFC OP is the better game.   Just my opinion of course.  

Soreyes

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2003, 04:21:20 am »
I my self like OP. There are to me more options with in the single game. Im not out to say EAW is bad. but for the single player I like OP better.  I also like the AI in op it seems a little better. Try this some time. Go to skermash, take lets say a Z-DD, set it to Advance, and take on a L-XFF.  you will be yelling MOMMY more times then you care to admit.

Cocomoe

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2003, 10:39:28 am »
 OP was the death of a few races.

Just my opinion.

FireSoul

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2003, 12:48:01 pm »

Pardon?
.. I play them all. .. and trust me, it wasn't the end.

Quote:

OP was the death of a few races.

Just my opinion.

lleggs

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2003, 02:56:57 pm »
i went to every store in town and no OP!!  

waaa!! guess i waited too late *Sniff*

3dot14

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2003, 05:38:27 pm »
have you carefully run throught the "preowned" racks at EB?

if not, amazon, ebay, compusa... plenty of online sellers.

(pity CompuSmart is Canadian only. They are selling OP for SCDN 9.99. (which is less than 7 bucks US...)  

Maxillius

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2003, 06:50:48 pm »
 OP is BY FAR the better version.  I happen to -like- the x-ships, even though they're crap if the guy driving thinks speed 31 is a limit to live with.   Anyway, I remember playing DarkElf, I think it was, in a KCR and he was in a Klingon X-cruiser, and <gasp> I won!!!  Maybe once more people start playing OP, the Klingon X-ships can be worked over so that they don't get bested so easily by non-X tech.  Never got the chance to tell him how good of a game that was!

BTW... any reason why we can't call the Klink 2X cruisers Fek'lhr's?  I like the Op design better than SFC3's...

did I just hijack this thread??  sorry!  Anyway, there's a GREATLY expanded shiplist/fighterlist out there -somewhere-, and I'd stick the link here if I could remember where it was in the old forums.  But I've got it and it's got ALL the tugs, a Fed -beast- with 24 fighters... and some of the 1X cheesiness was eliminated!  Someone's gotta find it and post it here!

Rod O'neal

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2003, 09:04:26 am »
Quote:

OP is BY FAR the better version.  I happen to -like- the x-ships, even though they're crap if the guy driving thinks speed 31 is a limit to live with.   Anyway, I remember playing DarkElf, I think it was, in a KCR and he was in a Klingon X-cruiser, and <gasp> I won!!!  Maybe once more people start playing OP, the Klingon X-ships can be worked over so that they don't get bested so easily by non-X tech.  Never got the chance to tell him how good of a game that was!

BTW... any reason why we can't call the Klink 2X cruisers Fek'lhr's?  I like the Op design better than SFC3's...

did I just hijack this thread??  sorry!  Anyway, there's a GREATLY expanded shiplist/fighterlist out there -somewhere-, and I'd stick the link here if I could remember where it was in the old forums.  But I've got it and it's got ALL the tugs, a Fed -beast- with 24 fighters... and some of the 1X cheesiness was eliminated!  Someone's gotta find it and post it here!

It's Firesoul's OP+ shiplist. You can find it in the "Mod Forums" I second 3dot14's request for the patch release, now as is, with an update when the D2 stuff gets done. OP offers everything EAW does plus a lot more stuff. Probably the only thing EAW has more of is fan made single player scripts.

Strafer

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2003, 05:20:53 pm »
The OP+ Refit shiplist: available at http://klingon.stasis.ca and all quality mirrors.

This message brought to you by the letters O, P and the addition symbol.

FireSoul

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2003, 05:29:28 pm »
Quote:

The OP+ Refit shiplist: available at http://klingon.stasis.ca and all quality mirrors.

This message brought to you by the letters O, P and the addition symbol.  

.. and me.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by FireSoul »

lleggs

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2003, 05:31:11 pm »
I'm going to have to order it online  
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 05:32:24 pm by lleggs »

Admiral_CRS

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2003, 10:30:04 pm »
Interplay.com has it for sale  

Whiplash

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2003, 08:20:05 am »
I'm very pleased to see this resurgence of interest in OP. It really is the best, and now there is little reason for everyone who plays SFC2 to switch to it.

W.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2003, 11:16:47 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I'm very pleased to see this resurgence of interest in OP. It really is the best, and now there is little reason for everyone who plays SFC2 to switch to it.

W.

Pssst.......D2.

That is all.  

Agreed.    OP is a better game.   Though the 2nd genration X-ships suck, there was a lot of room for modding to make them more balanced.   The additional weapons were cool, the CORRECT Klink phaser arcs are great, the graphics look better and it always seemed more stable.

But the D2 is broken.   If D2 for OP ever gets fixed, it would be the game to play.  Especially if you like a modded shiplist.