Topic: @ Taldren; Any word on the official SFC3 patch!?  (Read 22254 times)

APEXNETHOR

Re: @ Taldren; Any word on the official SFC3 patch!?
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2003, 11:34:20 pm »
Quote:

Hello All,

We have continually worked on patching SFC3 since Novemember, as you know from receiving the beta patch(es) earlier.

Recently we have gone through and did a big sweep of the remaining gameplay issues in SFC3 and have the D3 performance issues remaining.  These are tougher bugs and issues and it looks like it is going to take us a good portion of the summer to finish these items up.

In the meantime Activision has received our patch updates and is on top of the project.

Thank you for your patience,
-Erik  

Excellent good to hear a progress report from Taldren once again. I say take your time but not a long time on perfecting the upcoming patch as I have plenty of other PC games to tide me over with until the next SFC3 patch shall be available to us all.  
« Last Edit: June 26, 2003, 11:35:37 pm by APEXNETHOR »

Toasty0

« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2003, 11:48:04 pm »
Quote:

Perhaps if they contiinued to sell them they would make some money of them.  I know at least 2 people who want to buy w98.  

[HUMOR}

I have a prestine CD for win98 for sale. I'll sell it to you for $200--about the same price as XPpro upgrade.
[/HUMOR]

Best,
Jerry  

Cleaven

« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2003, 02:29:41 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Perhaps if they contiinued to sell them they would make some money of them.  I know at least 2 people who want to buy w98.  

[HUMOR}

I have a prestine CD for win98 for sale. I'll sell it to you for $200--about the same price as XPpro upgrade.
[/HUMOR]

Best,
Jerry    

Your humour didn't work due to a syntax error. Now where do I send the $200?  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Cleaven »

TheSatyr

« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2003, 01:40:16 am »
I've talked to a few people who tried XP and 2000 and went back to 98SE.

They claim that every OS that MS has released since 98SE was worse than the one before it.

Since my only OS experience is with win95,98 and 98SE and have no clue if they know what they are talking about or not.  

TheBigCheese

« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2003, 04:17:53 am »
I think XP is far better than 98SE but then I have an AthlonXP processor and they were designed for compatability  

WDLL

« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2003, 04:44:44 am »
I am using XP with two different systems (one with athlon tbird 1.1 and the other pentium IVm) and there is no way I would go back to a previous version of windows. XP is IMO by far the best version of windows so far.  Still, I prefer GEM and TOS. :-)

mbday

« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2003, 09:30:40 am »
I use winodws XP on a AMD Duron and have3 not had any problems.
I had Win 98SE on the seam system and had nothing but problems.
One thing I Have found is that if you use it with the Fat32 file system you will have problems. If you use the NTFS file system you do not have problems. I think it is the Fat 32 FIle system that MS can not get right.  

Hale

« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2003, 01:33:29 pm »
Quote:

You should be glad you don't play...NWN (yes they've patched it...still doesn't work that great, and even patched, overall the machines...still has more bugs overall from what I can tell [of course they probably have more people playing it to discover the bugs...] and some they STILL haven't fixed...and in addition, even more they had fixed, but then REintroduced into the expansion via the publisher...as if they hadn't learned not to include those bugs the first time around...ahem...CDprotection schemes that make the game unplayable for legit players...cough)

Are you still nattering on about NWN?  That's a great game.  Well supported, quickly patched, and MOST people have had a minimum of problems.   In addition to that, Bioware has been adding content to virtually every patch for FREE.  Look at the patch log to see everything that they've given to the community.   NWN has also won numerous awards, not only as a game but also as an excellent example of software development, by other developers in the industry.  Go to nwn.bioware.com if you are interested in checking it out.  

As far as user designed content and the tools available, its the best game out there, bar none.  

Maybe one of the NWN developers impregnated your sister or something, but other then that I don't understand your continued bashing of a great game.  If you hate it so much, why buy the expansion?  As far as your CD issues, the shiny side goes down.    

3dot14

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2003, 02:20:50 pm »
Quote:

Are you still nattering on about NWN?  That's a great game.  Well supported, quickly patched, and MOST people have had a minimum of problems.   In addition to that, Bioware has been adding content to virtually every patch for FREE.  Look at the patch log to see everything that they've given to the community.   NWN has also won numerous awards, not only as a game but also as an excellent example of software development, by other developers in the industry.  Go to nwn.bioware.com if you are interested in checking it out.  

As far as user designed content and the tools available, its the best game out there, bar none.  

Maybe one of the NWN developers impregnated your sister or something, but other then that I don't understand your continued bashing of a great game.  If you hate it so much, why buy the expansion?  As far as your CD issues, the shiny side goes down.    

LOL I hope now people can get a better perspective on complaints against the developers... Beauty is REALLY in the eyes of the beholder.

Just as there are many here who defend Taldren against complaints, there are plenty more "defenders of the faith" to go around.

Vysander

« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2003, 03:05:27 pm »
Delayed answer to Dash Jones

Quote:

Then there's the problem with Rise of Nations. Great game...fortunate for MS (who apparently can't even bug test for their own systems and OS's now) the reviewers don't rate for stability. Shaky internet code has STILL not been even remotely fixed AFTER they've patched (Lucky they don't have the one patch policy eh...goes for every game I've listed thus far...or we'd still be waiting for a GOOD patch for every single one of them). In addition, many systems listed that meet it's specs mean that the game will not run on that system...or crash when playing just about every time. If one has an integrated chip graphics system...the game will not run (or run correctly, ex. the merchant crashes the game with Intel's chipset), or if you have ATI...forget the colors (supposedly colors run together with ATI cards).

Well just got done with a weekend LAN/Internet party of Rise of Nations, great game, no crashes, no bugs, great play balance, and out of 6 of us, it ran on all 6 computers just hunky dorily  

And yes I have an ATI card, and we had a mixture of Intel and AMD chipsets, not a problem!  (ok, so we had to update the driver for one guy who had an integrated intel graphics chip, but after that no problem!)

Vys
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Vysander »