Topic: Weapon not showing as ready?  (Read 1842 times)

Payne

Weapon not showing as ready?
« on: July 23, 2003, 05:10:39 pm »
Played OP last night and saw something odd a couple of times.

I had a Romulan ship that had a front/side to rear firing arc on a plasma f .........don't know the term sorry.

It had 2 volleys per hardpoint and when I fired one volley the weapons status showed it wasn't ready......red/pink light?

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why my weapon wasn't ready to fire at the incoming klink.  I made a few turns to get the right arc and it never showed as ready.   But yet when I hit the "z" key the plasma fired.

It's not a big deal but just something I wanted to point out.

If it repeats itself I'll take a screen shot this time.

FireSoul

Re: Weapon not showing as ready?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 05:12:06 pm »
please do.

Cleaven

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 05:16:06 pm »
Was this D2 play with the enhanced mission packs?  

Corbomite

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 05:16:34 pm »
Old bug that has never been tracked down. The HP on the UI won't show as ready either (clear instead of full). It is an intermittent bug that I believe is a loading glitch. You can check the status of the weapon by left clicking on the HP and reading the charging status bar. It's a pain, but it works.

Payne

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 05:21:25 pm »
Sorry this was just a normal skirmish mission i was playing with.

And yes the reason I was flustered was I saw that the second torp was fully charged IE:  Line 1 recharging & Line 2 full.  You were right Corbo, you can see its ready......just a payne (heh) to have to check everytime you want to fire  

vsfedwards

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 07:05:04 pm »
Quote:

And yes the reason I was flustered was I saw that the second torp was fully charged IE:  Line 1 recharging & Line 2 full.  You were right Corbo, you can see its ready......just a payne (heh) to have to check everytime you want to fire    

pain in the a.... butt eh? happens to  me all the time and it really cheeses me off ..so what i do is assign my weapon buttons (1 for phasers 1 for missiles etc) and then keep flicking between them (hitting 123 constantly) and keep my eye on the lil fire symbol to the bottom right hand corner of ya screen, next to alert status, when it lights up i hammer the "z" button and then just cycle back throu 123 again,,, i really hope that theres a chance that they will find out the problem, but with patches coming to an end i am extremely doubtful they will bother lol  

Payne

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 02:32:39 pm »
It's a small thing, so I doubt they'll try and fix it.

But at least I'm not the only one having this problem.........sometimes i think I'm losing it.  And really the bug is not as bad as the other problems I've had in the past.

This only happens once in every 30 games.  I have full weapons and they won't fire..........is it a in game power issue with the weapons or a bug (just wondering)

Payne

Weapon not showing as ready?
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 05:10:39 pm »
Played OP last night and saw something odd a couple of times.

I had a Romulan ship that had a front/side to rear firing arc on a plasma f .........don't know the term sorry.

It had 2 volleys per hardpoint and when I fired one volley the weapons status showed it wasn't ready......red/pink light?

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why my weapon wasn't ready to fire at the incoming klink.  I made a few turns to get the right arc and it never showed as ready.   But yet when I hit the "z" key the plasma fired.

It's not a big deal but just something I wanted to point out.

If it repeats itself I'll take a screen shot this time.

FireSoul

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2003, 05:12:06 pm »
please do.

Cleaven

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2003, 05:16:06 pm »
Was this D2 play with the enhanced mission packs?  

Corbomite

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2003, 05:16:34 pm »
Old bug that has never been tracked down. The HP on the UI won't show as ready either (clear instead of full). It is an intermittent bug that I believe is a loading glitch. You can check the status of the weapon by left clicking on the HP and reading the charging status bar. It's a pain, but it works.

Payne

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2003, 05:21:25 pm »

vsfedwards

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2003, 07:05:04 pm »
Quote:

pain in the a.... butt eh? happens to  me all the time and it really cheeses me off ..so what i do is assign my weapon buttons (1 for phasers 1 for missiles etc) and then keep flicking between them (hitting 123 constantly) and keep my eye on the lil fire symbol to the bottom right hand corner of ya screen, next to alert status, when it lights up i hammer the "z" button and then just cycle back throu 123 again,,, i really hope that theres a chance that they will find out the problem, but with patches coming to an end i am extremely doubtful they will bother lol  

Payne

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2003, 02:32:39 pm »
It's a small thing, so I doubt they'll try and fix it.

But at least I'm not the only one having this problem.........sometimes i think I'm losing it.  And really the bug is not as bad as the other problems I've had in the past.

This only happens once in every 30 games.  I have full weapons and they won't fire..........is it a in game power issue with the weapons or a bug (just wondering)