Topic: Klingon & Lyran Tug Pics (for future projects)  (Read 4898 times)

EmeraldEdge

Klingon & Lyran Tug Pics (for future projects)
« on: July 22, 2003, 06:38:39 pm »
Well, I've been workin' on some tugs for several projects.  Most recently for Firesoul, in addition to a long standing project we've been working with in the SFCX group.  They mostly take a stock Taldren model tweak a thing or two and then slap a pod on it.  Keep in mind these are my first models so...  here we go.

Lyran

The lyran tug actually get's four smaller dizzy tubes on the front, rather than the two big ones, the texture is done, just not slapped on the model in these pics (although the illumination texture has them, so it shows in te one pic )  It's also possible that I may change the layout of the Dizzy's on the front of the Klink pods too.  We'll just have to see.  I found the interesting thing about doing the Klingon tug.  I would often shock myself when I realized that I had been shouting the Klingon battle theme, while adjusting pixels on the textures or moving a piece of the model.  I guess I was gettin' into it. lol.

Anyhow, that's what's done so far.  FS said I should pop these up here.  Hopefully I'll have the models tweaked out soon for download.  

EDIT:  The Klingon Tug appears to be ready.  A few hardpoints have been moved as per request, and so here it is.

Klingon Tug:
http://nightsoftware.com/emeraldedge/sfcktg1.zip  

Lyran:
http://nightsoftware.com/emeraldedge/sfcltg1.zip  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 11:53:40 pm by EmeraldEdge »

FireSoul

Re: Klingon & Lyran Tug Pics (for future projects)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 06:48:04 pm »
You've done excellent work..

You just KNOW that I'm gonna make you do more now, don't you?
-- Luc

Rogue

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 07:08:23 pm »
Great moogly boogly... I'm glad to see these myself. To tell the truth I was dreading retexturing the KTG. (limited tools and skill) And that last Lyran is fine in particular. Well done.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rogue »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 07:55:50 pm »
Do we HAVE to wait for this mod to get our hands on the forest green Klingon Tugs or the excellent Lyran Tugs?

Nice job overall!

KF

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 08:11:23 pm »
Nope you don't have to wait.  The link is now at the end of the original post (or you can click KLINGON TUG HERE ), so get it while it's hot!  Glad you like it.

This will be in Firesouls mod, and I'll probably end up putting up a mod site for my models, and they will probably be hosted somewhere on SFCX as well (probably before I ever get a site built).  

edit:  Somehow the word "in" didn't get put in the appropriate sentece, by FS.  Many thanks go out to FS for all your work though.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 08:28:50 pm by EmeraldEdge »

FireSoul

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 08:15:55 pm »
Heh.. the credits for this are all yours. ;>
I'm just going to include these works into my package.

Rogue

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2003, 08:26:59 pm »
Will pretty please with sugar on top work for a Lyran Tug download?  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2003, 08:37:01 pm »
Thanks! I have a lot of Tugs, especially Klinks, in my game and will really enjoy seeing these. I hope that you find the time and enjoy it enough to keep going. Good work  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2003, 08:49:25 pm »
FireSoul and EmeraldEdge,

If you drop Cleeve's K'Teremny textures into the Klingon tug folder you not only end up with the same pod textures but end up with a more distinguished grey/green D-6/7 variant!  

EmeraldEdge, nice work! Thank you!

Qapla!

KF

FireSoul

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2003, 08:53:31 pm »
Quote:

FireSoul and EmeraldEdge,

If you drop Cleeve's K'Teremny textures into the Klingon tug folder you not only end up with the same pod textures but end up with a more distinguished grey/green D-6/7 variant!  

EmeraldEdge, nice work! Thank you!

I don't mind the Green right now. but that's a great suggestion.
do you have a URL to them?

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2003, 09:00:07 pm »

FireSoul

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2003, 12:08:36 am »
Bump, because an edit didn't.

Lyran tug:  http://nightsoftware.com/emeraldedge/sfcltg1.zip

.. also..
.. a screenshot of the mixed texture:

Nice!
-- Luc

Rogue

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2003, 12:26:16 am »
Hey! Thanks for the download link. KF's suggestion worked out for me as well. That puppy hasn't been out for what, a couple of hours and we already changed out the textures. That and I ran the pods through Paintshop and decreased the color saturation. I'm odd like that. I tend to think fading the color makes the ships give  more of an impression as to their large size. But that's just me.  

FireSoul

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2003, 06:16:06 am »
www.nightsoftware.com doesn't seem to be a very reliable host. The links and images are down right now.

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2003, 07:09:37 am »
yeah, they seem to be down a lot.  I'm going to talk to Cas and see if we can get something setup at SFCX.  Still, nightsoft is free and I really appreciate the use of their service, it has helped on many occasions.  All the better to have several locations and then you are pretty much guaranteed to have at least one up, eh?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by EmeraldEdge »

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2003, 03:56:05 pm »
Woohoo, the server is back up!    

FireSoul

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2003, 04:18:28 pm »
no it's not.  
Edit: Now it is..  .. what is this server running on, windows?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2003, 04:19:16 pm by FireSoul »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2003, 04:45:44 pm »
Quote:

Hey! Thanks for the download link. KF's suggestion worked out for me as well. That puppy hasn't been out for what, a couple of hours and we already changed out the textures. That and I ran the pods through Paintshop and decreased the color saturation. I'm odd like that. I tend to think fading the color makes the ships give  more of an impression as to their large size. But that's just me.  

Hey Rogue,  that sounds cool lets see some pics!

The Lyran Tug looks AWESOME as is!

KF