Topic: Klingon D-5 released!!!  (Read 1523 times)

sandman69247

Klingon D-5 released!!!
« on: July 11, 2003, 12:27:39 am »
OK, finished this baby up! She's all done, hp/dp everything. Well, no break mod...still haven't got the hang of that. She's really fun to play...played a skirmish and kicked butt! Did a screencap, but, like a dumbass, re-started the puter before I saved it.

Anyway, here's some pics of the finished product. I'm really kinda proud of my 1st Klingon ship, but I realize there will be those who will nitpick...go ahead, I don't mind.
EDIT:Damn, where's my brain? You can d/l here  SFC MODELS or go to SFU, I uploaded her there also.
BTW, she comes in at approx. 3300 polies.

Go ahead, give me your thoughts and/or flames. I can take it.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 12:36:56 am by sandman69247 »

Kreeargh

Re: Klingon D-5 released!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 12:37:10 am »
Well if they nitpick   kick some ass . Thats Sweet looking ship there.  

sandman69247

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 12:39:40 am »
THANX!!! Your K'tinga looks awesome too! I think I'm catching the Klingon bug...want to do more, more MORE!!!!

Magnum357

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 02:47:30 am »
Nice design Sandman.  This design has given me a few design concepts that i might experiment with when I finally get to SFB Klingon ships.  

damo1

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 06:03:55 am »
Sandman can i convert it to sfc3

Marauth

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 07:25:36 am »
Well, I can't nitpick coz I'd be flamed for being an anal-retentive mo-fo, so I'll just say the one thing that really bugs me, IT'S GREEN! Oh what a world! LOL But there's always my trusty PSP and it's greyscale tool so that can be fixed in no time. The models really nice though and will fit in well with the collection of proper pre-TOS ships

sandman69247

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2003, 09:16:54 am »
Thanx ya'll! Convert away...I just wish I could get the hang of doing them 3 also, but too many new things to remember for my old brain.

Is the a pic database somewhere of SFB ships? If so, where at so I can take a looksee...might be something I want to try.

I decided on green cause as I said, I couldn't come up with a plausable explanation in my own mind why they would suddenly go from grey to green. Notice though, I left the little shuttle grey. I figured that was a reasonable color for a shuttle. Besides, I wanted to see if I could do something other than fed gray.

Knowing there would be some dispute about the color, you will find the PSP and PS files included in the d/l.

Have fun!!

sandman69247

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2003, 01:32:40 am »
Any feedback on the model ingame? Or, on if it was corrupted or anything else? I just want to make sure the stuff works.

James Formo

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2003, 10:15:02 am »
Great job dude. One sweet Klink ship.  

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2003, 12:33:34 pm »
Quote:

Any feedback on the model ingame? Or, on if it was corrupted or anything else? I just want to make sure the stuff works.

One little issue i had....when i was unzipping the archive the top texture was corrupted and i now have a ship with a naked top! Have you had any other ppl have that problem?

Parislord

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2003, 06:45:10 pm »

sandman69247

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2003, 06:51:39 pm »
No, I haven't. Hmpf!? I'll e-mail you another copy of the texture...then just replace it in the folder...it'll be named the same. Thanx for the feedback.