Topic: editing saved games  (Read 2062 times)

FredDerf

editing saved games
« on: July 16, 2003, 10:02:34 am »
hi everyone

i want to edit my saved game so that the klingons are at war with the federation also.  my single player domination isnt too much fun when i as the klinks can only attack roms and borg afteral...and its only now goten through to me since the rommys are DEAD! lol and the borg are so far away.

if this is possable please help me out.

also, would editing the file that sets species diplomatic levels effect a saved game?  if so i could do it right now...but i dont want to risk anything

*EDIT*
oh, this is for SFC3 BTW
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 12:19:33 pm by FredDerf »

FredDerf

Re: editing saved games
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 03:54:55 pm »
so we cant then?

MarianoDT

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 05:56:56 pm »
Quote:

hi everyone

i want to edit my saved game so that the klingons are at war with the federation also.  my single player domination isnt too much fun when i as the klinks can only attack roms and borg afteral...and its only now goten through to me since the rommys are DEAD! lol and the borg are so far away.

if this is possable please help me out.

also, would editing the file that sets species diplomatic levels effect a saved game?  if so i could do it right now...but i dont want to risk anything

*EDIT*
oh, this is for SFC3 BTW

Check this thread:

http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=14872&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

Hope this helps...

Mariano  

FredDerf

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 04:22:08 pm »
yes, but i meant wil that effect my saved games.  do saved games save the alliances etc or do they call that info from that file.

i havnt done it that way myself because i play with a mod already and that would be just one more file to swap before i can play with anyone else...

MarianoDT

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 05:27:50 pm »
I guess you will have to restart a campaign after changing that.
Sorry, but I don't know hoy to change a saved game. If it is possible.

Mariano