Topic: Rom Shield Question  (Read 3026 times)

korus

Rom Shield Question
« on: February 04, 2003, 02:29:29 am »
  On several different missions tonight I discovered my shields would drop suddenly without warning. I would have to warp or cloak to get them back.... Its very annoying... Is that being addressed in the patch?    Thanks for reading folks...

Korus

Tulmahk

Re: Rom Shield Question
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 02:44:57 am »
You didn't happen to hit the 'G' key accidently, did you?

Try remapping 'G' from Green Alert.  Why in heck is there a hotkey for going to Green Alert anyway?  Useless.

Embarassingly, it's happened to me a few times.  

Thanos1

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 02:50:36 am »
Besides the fact that 'G' and 'H' (het) are embarrasingly close, I think that what Korus was experiencing was lag.
Lag causes shields to drop. It's NOT (surprisingly) a romulan-only bug.

-suleo  

Aenigma

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 07:18:42 am »
If it is lag, which is most likely the case here, your shields would drop, but your weapons would still be charged. There is a much simpler remedy to this than cloaking or warping. Just press the R  key again.

Aenigma  

MrCue

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 08:41:10 am »
i found that this also happens if you are @ 0 range from a defence platform when it Blows up. Same remedy as above

CJN

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 09:11:01 am »
Trust me...there is no rhyme or reason when they will drop....although i am sure lag does play a large part  

korus

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2003, 09:46:31 am »
  No, I haven't touched the "G" key... And lag was down last night.... It did happen on the convoy mission and planet assault (now that mission always lags) And once in battle against a pair of Akiras... That battle stung without shields let me tell you!   Anyway, I'm hoping Taldren is reading this...

Korus

korus

Rom Shield Question
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 02:29:29 am »
  On several different missions tonight I discovered my shields would drop suddenly without warning. I would have to warp or cloak to get them back.... Its very annoying... Is that being addressed in the patch?    Thanks for reading folks...

Korus

Tulmahk

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2003, 02:44:57 am »
You didn't happen to hit the 'G' key accidently, did you?

Try remapping 'G' from Green Alert.  Why in heck is there a hotkey for going to Green Alert anyway?  Useless.

Embarassingly, it's happened to me a few times.  

Thanos1

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2003, 02:50:36 am »
Besides the fact that 'G' and 'H' (het) are embarrasingly close, I think that what Korus was experiencing was lag.
Lag causes shields to drop. It's NOT (surprisingly) a romulan-only bug.

-suleo  

Aenigma

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2003, 07:18:42 am »
If it is lag, which is most likely the case here, your shields would drop, but your weapons would still be charged. There is a much simpler remedy to this than cloaking or warping. Just press the R  key again.

Aenigma  

MrCue

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2003, 08:41:10 am »
i found that this also happens if you are @ 0 range from a defence platform when it Blows up. Same remedy as above

CJN

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2003, 09:11:01 am »
Trust me...there is no rhyme or reason when they will drop....although i am sure lag does play a large part  

korus

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2003, 09:46:31 am »
  No, I haven't touched the "G" key... And lag was down last night.... It did happen on the convoy mission and planet assault (now that mission always lags) And once in battle against a pair of Akiras... That battle stung without shields let me tell you!   Anyway, I'm hoping Taldren is reading this...

Korus