Topic: Need Help with UI files for SFC II or OP!!! "Shuttle Add In's"  (Read 1938 times)

CaptainSulu

Need help with making UI files for SFC II or OP. I'm sure everyone knows they can add more ships to the game but when your in the ship selection screen for picking your ship out that you have to use a UI file that is in the game already. It would be nice to see the ship lay out picture in that screen for the new ship you add to SFC II or OP. Does anyone know how to put more UI files or make them for putting them in SFC II or OP.

I'm working on the U.S.S Chandley, U.S.S. Baker, U.S.S. Horthampton, and a few other frigate class ships and redoing the Enterprise and the Reliant to match up with the ships in textures and uniformity with the other ships im building for expanding the ship selection in the game. SFC 3 covers the selection for putting in UI files of any ship you make for the game but SFC II and OP don't.

I will be converting all these ships I'm making for SFC 3 at a later time. Plus I want to cover a few other races like the Klingons, Romulans and Gorn for building ships for those races too. It seem to be the main races that ships need to be reworked or have  ship classes that are missing with the games of SFC. Allot of cool builders out there that have made ships for the SFC games but still many issues with the game for really adding them will all bases covered.

Oh I've stumble across a shuttle add in for the game if now one has already done it. In the Fighter spec file adding more F-SH, K-SH, G-SH and so on with the other races that you can add different classes of attack shuttles in the game. With no bug problems. But I've found out adding different classes of Fighter Classes has some buggy issues and at times has problems with them working well with the game. This way you can add differnt eras of shuttle model types in the game buy changing the directory on what type of model in the model folder the ship will look like in the game from TOS-TNG styles if you put TOS ships in early and TMP in mid and TNG ships in Late. I did some resuch on shuttles and there is Standard Shuttles and Heavy Shuttles and Assault Shuttles and final Heavy Assault Shuttle that could be added to the game. But you will have to make sure you edit the ship in the ship spec list for thoses shuttle and how many the ship can have out of 4 shuttle alotments it will have. I hope everyone is getting the idea I stumble acrossed. Also what is up with the attack ground bouns for shuttles in the fighter spec list that has nothing filled out for any fighters or shuttles in the blank slots on the fighter spec list for SFC II and OP. But again with out more or anyway to edit UI files in SFC II or OP it looks goofy in the game on the Data Screen in the game for different style of ships being added to the game. Only SFC 3 really covers and has cured that problem. If any Taldren Guys out there are reading this please help us out or please put it in the last patch for SFC II or OP for adding or editing UI files for the game that I read a notice on a few weeks ago.

Well I don't want to make this posting any bigger than it is. But if there is anyone out there that can help with the UI files Issues in SFC II or OP. I'd worship the ground you walk on. But I'lm not into butt kissing. But worship I would do.

Please Help New Model Builder Out. SULU

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by CaptainSulu »

DonKarnage

Re: Need Help with UI files for SFC II or OP!!! "Shuttle Add In's"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 10:27:10 am »
well i don't know how to make them but i think its easy to add them in the game, look in the files there surly a place where there ui for each tipe of ship so when you find the file place your ui there and it shoul work.

have a nice play time

Rod O'neal

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 11:58:36 am »
I think that you'd have to be able to edit the Q3 file to do what you want. I too would be curious to know if it can be done any other way though.
As far as the custom shuttles goes, are you saying that you can have different adm. shuttle types used on the ships? This is very interesting to me, if I'm reading you right. Would you mind clarifying this for me, please?  

Atrahasis

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 03:23:59 am »
You can't change the UI's for OP. I think he means you can give some variety to the look of the shuttles across the races, by swapping models/specs, not that a given race can have more than one type of admin shuttle.