Topic: OP+ Corrections Thread: as of version 3.0  (Read 90573 times)

FireSoul

Re: OP+ Corrections Thread: as of version 3.0
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2003, 12:50:49 am »
Quote:

I linked the F-PV to the F-POL+ model manually.  Is there actually a police carrier model?

Few questions:

1)  Did you mean to link the F-FFT, F-CFF, and F-CFF+ to the taldren frigate model?

Uh.. no. It's supposed to be different. Oh well, next version.. which will be a while.

Quote:

These next two are preference-type questions:

2)  I think the F-DN should be an old Federation Class model, and the F-DN+ on down should be the USS Star League version.  This is the type of pattern you followed with the F-CA, F-DD, etc. ship classes.  I can understand the F-BB still linking to Taldren model since it was conjectural and would have been in TMP era style.

Histerical Raisins.. uhh.. Historical Reasons. In SFB, the F-DN gets upgraded to a DN+ and later to the DNG. Do you have a triple-warp TMP-style FDN? I didn't see any. Same thing for the BB. Do you have a 4-warp FBB in both the TOS and TMP styles? (I think there's a TOS-style on FleetDock 13)

Quote:

3)  The F-CVL is a F-GSC, why not link it to the Taldren F-CA model?  I think the carrier model you have is cool looking, but it is kinda too different from a F-GSC look......ya know what I'm sayin'.  I kinda feel the same way about the F-CVS which is derived from the F-CA also.  Again this is just preference and I can always change it myself....so no biggie.

Ah.. well.. to tell you the truth it was just because it looked cool. It still looks kinda like a CA too, but you're right that it can be switched back through some copying.

Quote:

I do like most of your reasoning in Fed model selection so far.  I like what you did with the F-NCL class and making the F-NCM the actual Miranda class with the torp bar added.  That made it a nice match for Kirk and his F-CA+ in the Wrath of Khan movie.  I also think the Soyuz class works well as an NCA.

Agreed.  

-- Luc

dderidex

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2003, 02:17:26 am »
Quote:

Do you have a triple-warp TMP-style FDN?

What, like this?

(This, btw, is from my old shiplist whereby I added an X-DN with a pair of 'Heavy Photon' launchers - in blue)  

FireSoul

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2003, 06:27:05 am »
That would make a perfect TMP FDN. I'll see if I already have it or not.

ie: here's the TOS FDN I'm looking at. According to the Fed DN+ description, its refit was "so extensive that it is listed as a separate class." So These 2 models would indeed do the trick.

FireSoul

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2003, 07:24:21 am »
It doesn't look like I have that TMP FDN. Do you know where I can find it?
Edit: don't forget to let me know who made it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 07:29:25 am by FireSoul »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2003, 08:19:58 am »
Firesoul,

Check out Skinman?s great stuff:

http://sfc.strategy-gaming.com/leigons/Founders/ISC.htm

X-ICL = ISC Tug  (X-ICA is too dark when you d/l)

X-IDN = ISC Monitor

http://sfc.strategy-gaming.com/leigons/Founders/HYDRAN.htm

The Blackhawk is pretty cool too.

KF

FireSoul

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2003, 09:00:00 am »
The ICL doesn't quite look like a tug, but I'm sure it could be modified to become so. It's a good starting point.
Thank you. ;>

SPQR Renegade001

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2003, 11:15:31 am »
Quote:

-- Luc

Is this your looking for?
It's by P81. I don't know if he's still among us or giving permissions to his material, but this is a good looking Ascension.  

Rogue

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2003, 01:28:08 pm »
http://www.frost-works.com/schtupp/capitalships.htm

I think that DN+ is Lord Schtupp's creation.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 01:32:13 pm by Rogue »

jdmckinney

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2003, 02:38:00 pm »
FIreSoul, would you mind looking into the L-NCAL (or variants)? I would have expected anything with that designation to be replaced by the new SFB L-NCC specs. I haven't looked through the other races' lists, either. Are the old Taldren NCCs and NCALs replaced or retained? If retained, I would suggest they be restricted so players are using the balanced NCCs by default.

FireSoul

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2003, 02:45:59 pm »
Quote:

FIreSoul, would you mind looking into the L-NCAL (or variants)? I would have expected anything with that designation to be replaced by the new SFB L-NCC specs. I haven't looked through the other races' lists, either. Are the old Taldren NCCs and NCALs replaced or retained? If retained, I would suggest they be restricted so players are using the balanced NCCs by default.  

The NCAL and the DWC have been retained. I don't mind setting them to R.

FireSoul

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2003, 02:47:27 pm »
Quote:

That's the TOS FDN I showed. I'm looking for the one I've been shown above by dderidex.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by FireSoul »

dderidex

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2003, 03:09:36 pm »
Sorry about the delay, I have it posted now (it's mine - it's base on the P81 BB that comes with the 'D2 Model Pack' that's been around forever.  I redid the mesh some, removed a warp engine, tinkered with the impulse and secondary hull, etc - and retextured the saucer to reflect the DN designation and name rather than BB).

Anyway, here is the DN I showed above.

Also, be sure to pick up the latest frigate/dw pack.  I've updated the models quite a bit - higher poly base mesh to work from, added torpedoes to them, improved break models and hardpoints.  

Rogue

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2003, 03:14:20 pm »
Ya, OK. I was puzzled since you showed the screen capture it was a strong indication you had it. That dreadnought I would wager is a unique ship. I don't remember seeing it anywhere but that DDeridex will be able to accomodate you as it might be his kitbash. Also, check your email. I sent some pics of a line of missing Gorn stuff. Some of those have gone missing over time. Especialy one I don't have a jpeg of. Reply if interested, ignore if not. Probably best to stick with Feral's stuff since he has about everything covered.  

FireSoul

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2003, 03:19:36 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

-- Luc

Is this your looking for?
It's by P81. I don't know if he's still among us or giving permissions to his material, but this is a good looking Ascension.  

Do you know where I could find this one too?

FireSoul

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2003, 03:29:43 pm »
Quote:

Ya, OK. I was puzzled since you showed the screen capture it was a strong indication you had it. That dreadnought I would wager is a unique ship. I don't remember seeing it anywhere but that DDeridex will be able to accomodate you as it might be his kitbash. Also, check your email. I sent some pics of a line of missing Gorn stuff. Some of those have gone missing over time. Especialy one I don't have a jpeg of. Reply if interested, ignore if not. Probably best to stick with Feral's stuff since he has about everything covered.  

Yes, I downloaded Lord Schtupp's. The current ideas I'm having concerning Federation DNs are the following:
F-DN from Lord Schtupp
F-DN+ from p81 as linked above by SPQR Renegade001. (please link/send)
F-DNG (and variants) from dderidex
F-BB by p81 (which I have found)

In that order, the upgrade path would both be SFB accurate and look nice (yeah, the simple requirements.  )

BTW, those are very nice gorns that would do great X2 ships... but yes, I will stick with the ones from FeralYards.
Thanks!

Rogue

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2003, 03:48:59 pm »
You are so right. Feral did us a huge favor with all of those varients he did. He just about made the Hydran, Lyran and LDR plug and play. How cool is that?

I have a question for you. I pretty much deleted all of the scout and commando ships from my library to make the list tidy. The thought struck me that perhaps I killed some specific ships that might be called upon in some scennarios. Do I have a reason to worry?

Edit; If you would like I could forward a copy of the Ascencion. Never mind, I managed to read where you requested as much. Should be there in a bit.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 04:07:40 pm by Rogue »

FireSoul

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2003, 04:18:20 pm »
Thank you. ;>
I've found something very very similar in the sfcd2_hr.exe installer. It's especially interesting since the FDN from Lord Schtupp is marked as the NCC 2101 and this TMP refit is marked as the 2101-A. However, it's not as cool as the Ascension. (will have to look at both side-by-side)

Lepton1

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2003, 04:24:17 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

That's the TOS FDN I showed. I'm looking for the one I've been shown above by dderidex.

His models are some of the best.  Any TOS ship in the mod should have his name on it.  I mean what a kick-ass model.  WOW!!

Mr. Hypergol

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2003, 04:51:25 pm »

Quote:

I've found something very very similar in the sfcd2_hr.exe installer

I believe the best TMP "3 nacelle" DN model is from Pneumonic's D2 Mod high res model pack.  There is a USS Star League model that is perfect for a F-DN+ in my opinion.  

FireSoul

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2003, 05:18:11 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I've found something very very similar in the sfcd2_hr.exe installer

I believe the best TMP "3 nacelle" DN model is from Pneumonic's D2 Mod high res model pack.  There is a USS Star League model that is perfect for a F-DN+ in my opinion.  

Bingo.
This is the result:

F-DN+ (Left), F-DN (Center), F-DNG (right)

Of course, that will only be included in the next release.
-- Luc
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by FireSoul »