Topic: Info on 2.5.4.12 cloak vs PPD  (Read 1187 times)

Lepton1

Info on 2.5.4.12 cloak vs PPD
« on: August 18, 2003, 08:54:56 pm »
Tests were conducted to see if speed, range, and ECM were effecting PPDs lock on chance to a cloaked ship.  Testers were myself and 3dot14.  This testing was done with suspicion that the same seeking weapon lock on formula might be used for the PPD.

Over many trials and at many ranges it was confirmed that a cloaked ship going below speed 2 was never locked onto by a PPD.  Above speed 2, the hit percentage of the PPD seemed to be functioning as normal.  This speed 2 threshold seems identical to the current state of the seeking weapons formula.  In fact the PPD lock could be broken by returning to below speed 2, killing all remaining pulses.

Introduction of a 1 ECM and 2 ECM shift for a cloaked ship going speed 2 seemed to have little or no effect on PPD lock on.  Lock was always maintained and PPD seemed to hit as per the normal PPD hit chance.

Testing was also done to see if PPD hits were being reduced as per the Cloak Damage Reduction chart.  Pulse from range 6 with cloaked ship at speed 2 were doing internals on the order of 1 1 6 6 3 3 1 1 1 6 1 1 3 3, while uncloaked all pulses did 6 internals.

Our speculative conclusions:

1. a similiar or the exact same formula for seeking weapons is being used for PPD lockon.  Lines of evidence: speed 2 threshold (same as seeking weapon formula), ECM seeming to have no effect as per the errors in that seeking weapon formula (range and speed multiplied by 10 internally)

2.  PPD pulse are being reduced as the Cloak chart.

3. If the same formula is being used, we cannot say that ECM would not have an effect as the ECM effect is being washed out in the seeking weapon formula by the inflated range and speed numbers.

TarMinyatur

Re: Info on 2.5.4.12 cloak vs PPD
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 10:05:03 pm »
Nice work. These results are valid based upon these conditions. However, there are more variables to consider. Meet me online and I'll demonstrate that the Cloak Chart is not enforced in certain cases against a fully cloaked vessel.

Thanks.  

Lepton1

Info on 2.5.4.12 cloak vs PPD
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 08:54:56 pm »
Tests were conducted to see if speed, range, and ECM were effecting PPDs lock on chance to a cloaked ship.  Testers were myself and 3dot14.  This testing was done with suspicion that the same seeking weapon lock on formula might be used for the PPD.

Over many trials and at many ranges it was confirmed that a cloaked ship going below speed 2 was never locked onto by a PPD.  Above speed 2, the hit percentage of the PPD seemed to be functioning as normal.  This speed 2 threshold seems identical to the current state of the seeking weapons formula.  In fact the PPD lock could be broken by returning to below speed 2, killing all remaining pulses.

Introduction of a 1 ECM and 2 ECM shift for a cloaked ship going speed 2 seemed to have little or no effect on PPD lock on.  Lock was always maintained and PPD seemed to hit as per the normal PPD hit chance.

Testing was also done to see if PPD hits were being reduced as per the Cloak Damage Reduction chart.  Pulse from range 6 with cloaked ship at speed 2 were doing internals on the order of 1 1 6 6 3 3 1 1 1 6 1 1 3 3, while uncloaked all pulses did 6 internals.

Our speculative conclusions:

1. a similiar or the exact same formula for seeking weapons is being used for PPD lockon.  Lines of evidence: speed 2 threshold (same as seeking weapon formula), ECM seeming to have no effect as per the errors in that seeking weapon formula (range and speed multiplied by 10 internally)

2.  PPD pulse are being reduced as the Cloak chart.

3. If the same formula is being used, we cannot say that ECM would not have an effect as the ECM effect is being washed out in the seeking weapon formula by the inflated range and speed numbers.

TarMinyatur

Re: Info on 2.5.4.12 cloak vs PPD
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 10:05:03 pm »
Nice work. These results are valid based upon these conditions. However, there are more variables to consider. Meet me online and I'll demonstrate that the Cloak Chart is not enforced in certain cases against a fully cloaked vessel.

Thanks.