Topic: Modding weapons  (Read 2645 times)

Scorpion

Modding weapons
« on: February 12, 2003, 12:57:26 am »
Ok, I'm new at this so don't bash me please.  I have d'deridex's hardpoint utility and I can move the hardpoints around, but I can't seem to get the weapons to fire in the places that I put them.  Another words, I'm moving all the hardpoints around and it shows up that they are moved but the weapons don't shoot in the places that I moved them.  (and yes I'm putting the right model file in the right place in the assets/models/... folder and removing the old file).  How do I fix this so that they fire where I move them to?  Oh and by the way, is there anyway to create new hardpoints or do you have to use the existing ones for it to work?  

Captain KoraH

Re: Modding weapons
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 10:37:47 am »
I'm not sure what that tool you mentioned is, but just a guess is that maybe you're moving the placement of the weapon on the UI and not actually on the model itself. You need a 3D modeling program like Milkshape3D or 3DStudioMax or Lightwave or something like that to move the actual hardpoints on the model. If you're confused let me know and I'll send you some screenshots of what I mean.

Captain KoraH

Scorpion

Re: Modding weapons
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 06:06:11 pm »
Yeah I see that I was just moving the UI hardpoints around and not the actual model hardpoints.  Thanks for your help,  I understand what you mean about the 3D modelling programs.