Topic: Fed/Klink Hydrid WIP1  (Read 2518 times)

TheSkinMan

Fed/Klink Hydrid WIP1
« on: February 05, 2003, 03:23:45 am »
I ben trying to think of a way to make a Fed/Klink Hydrid that would look good, this is what i got. This is not a kitbash but a all new meshed ship.
It's 300 poly i plan to taking this to 3000 poly when its finished, so i will post more shots as pack on the poly.

SkinMan  

Clark Kent

Re: Fed/Klink Hydrid WIP1
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 11:47:15 am »
Interesting design.  May sound stupid, but it reminds me of the chandley.
CK

Mackie

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 01:25:40 pm »
*agrees with kent*   ...but anyhows, its better my attempt. you propably saw the damned thing.      

TheSkinMan

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 05:53:27 pm »
Hear is some update shots.

SkinMan

DonKarnage

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 06:47:31 pm »
well if you want to make a special hybid klingon/federation ship here what to do, first take a fca and a kca, remove the saucer and the neck of the fca keep the drive section and the warp engine then put the klingon ship (just the head and the neck) remove the part where the engine are and you have a klingon/fed hybrid (i can try to make a pic of it if you dont understand that)

Turling

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 06:59:12 pm »
Wow!  That's actually a good design - had you been working on this or did that monstrosity I posted a link to get your gray matter working?   Just don't do that bit where the saucer is bare metal like a Fed ship but the rest is Klingon gray-green.  That was  horrible if I may say so, although appropriate for that beast.

This looks cool, though.    

Khaliban

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 10:39:36 pm »
Constructive criticism: I liked the first version with the warp nacelles in place of the disruptor cannons.  If you really want the cannons, reduce the size and mount them more Reliant style.

TheSkinMan

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2003, 05:06:21 pm »
Quote:

Constructive criticism: I liked the first version with the warp nacelles in place of the disruptor cannons.  If you really want the cannons, reduce the size and mount them more Reliant style.  

Ya i put the big guns on it to see if it looked good, i realy dont know if i like them or the warp nacelled version, it so hard to make a klink/fed ship and not go to fed or klink with it.

"Thair can be only one.... Must be true what thay say, May the best MAN win"
------Memember of the i don't flame for ATTENTION of moders.....------

Atrahasis

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2003, 06:28:33 pm »
No, I'm afraid I can't approve of this model. For one, it looks like it's made of lego because there arent enough polies on the edge of the saucer. The bridge doesn't look realistic either, and there are some wierd polies on the impulse engine (or at least I think that's what that's supposed to be). See the sides where it's shaded? Yeah that's what I'm talking about.

Did they teach you to do this in college? Did you go to all your classes?

Azel

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2003, 06:28:40 pm »
Hey Skinman,

Why not just hybridize the nacelles to the Cannons aswell...That way it stays pretty even
By attaching the nacelles to the pylons and then attaching the Cannons to the Nacelles(from the bottom or inner section of them)
BTW love the concept man!!!
Exellent Work