Topic: KDF-2 Klingon K'Mirra ready for DL (KF will freak)  (Read 3931 times)

Atrahasis

Re: KDF-2 Klingon K'Mirra ready for DL (KF will freak)
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2003, 04:09:48 pm »
Sure, as long as it retains the readme giving credit to me and P81 for the work.  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2003, 12:03:44 am »
Right on Atra!

Silverstone

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2003, 10:46:05 pm »
* @specs*

For a while, there was no need to have the Enterprise-B Subtype in SFC. It's a nice ship, but over the top when it comes to strength,

Considering that an L24 could take an Excelsior, and that the KDF-2  is a large improvement over that ship, I think that EB specs are a good idea, now.  

Atrahasis

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2003, 09:40:23 am »
This ship is a TMP-TNG interim ship, let us know how it plays in your opinion.  

Silverstone

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2003, 01:43:50 pm »
K'mirra vs. Excelsior

It's rather interesting to play with. I thought that combining disruptors with  heavy photons would end up being a bad idea, but the power curve is fair, it seems to be on a par with an Excelsior. It sometimes feels bogged, but resolves itself. I bested the computer with this ship all times. AI admittedly isn't the most crafty opponent, but I tend to come away with minimal damage, leaving me with the impression that the K'mirra is an equal, if not superior vessel.

I play it much like I do your BOP specs. Instead of fighting with all weapons hot, I'll use them in groups. This allows one to maintain a fairly high speed, and many attack options. I don't reccommend attack passes and overruns. With a turning ratio of E and 2 points for every 1,000 K, you're setting yourself up for internal damage. The best weapons are the MIssiles, which occupy phasers, and Heavy Torpedoes, which are devastating with multiple hits, shields up or down. The disruptors and phasers are better saved to take advantage of downed or weak shield facings, as I think that they're in too low of numbers to do anything drastic beside piss off your opponent.

To make a long story short, I see the K'mirra as a very fun ship. It's capable of being a brute, but is better and more fun with used with a tactical mindset. I think that a ship like this justifies speculating an Enterprise-B into the game, as its counterpart in Excelsior is fairly matched by the Komo'Val and quite vulnerable against the K'mirra.