Topic: My first X-Ship!! Ok it's kitbash...but still it's my first!!  (Read 1426 times)

Rogue NineCH

My first X-Ship!! Ok it's kitbash...but still it's my first!!
« on: September 27, 2003, 01:24:45 am »
This ship was orginally bashed by DarkDrone, using P81's Reliant NCLX.  I had posted a thread asking for this ship, but noone seemed to have it and I had tried to make it before, but it came out all "Spider-Webbed" as Atrahasis called it, I had just started modeling back then and didn't know how to fix it so I gave up.  I had forgotten all about it till this morning when I checked the forum before work and I saw the thread "Anyone seen this ship?" that was started by me awhile back.  good ol' Kaenyne had brought it back from the dead, in the hope someone had it.  Long story short, I added the torps, deleted those god-forsaken LODS, and PRESTO!

Here she is, what do you think?

Dogmatix!

Re: My first X-Ship!! Ok it's kitbash...but still it's my first!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 02:38:37 am »
Shore is purty.  I like my Fred ships to have nice brk.mods, though.  Does this have one?  

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 03:04:45 am »
Quote:

Shore is purty.  I like my Fred ships to have nice brk.mods, though.  Does this have one?  

Yes it does, actually that was the easiest Break mod I have ever done.  I just added the torp bays to the existing Break mod, and saved it.

Dogmatix!

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 05:07:37 pm »
Cool.  I like the fireworks when I blow them up.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2003, 05:24:51 pm »
Splendid, Rogue!

This is a great weekend surprise!

I was obviously not the only one who appreciated this ship. Your rendition look pretty much identical to the pictures first posted. When she's ready for download, I'll have her fly alongside Mackie's Galahad.

Thank you very much for bringing her into the game for us!

vsfedwards

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2003, 05:25:39 pm »
That ship is sweet!

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2003, 08:16:20 pm »
I'll have it ready tommorrow, I got carried away playing C&C Generals: Zero Hour, and now my G/F is putting the screws to me to get out of the house again.  I'll keep you posted.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2003, 08:29:02 pm »
SENSE OF HUMOR ALERT:

Clearly this smacks of the FASA Andorian ship building philosophy; lets push the envelope for  better performance while taking a ship back on safety. I personally would not want my torpedoe tubes that close to my warp engines. A hit on the photon torpedo magazine that close to the warp engines and its bye-bye ship...

Qapla!

KF

starforce2

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2003, 10:44:23 pm »
Quote:

SENSE OF HUMOR ALERT:

Clearly this smacks of the FASA Andorian ship building philosophy; lets push the envelope for  better performance while taking a ship back on safety. I personally would not want my torpedoe tubes that close to my warp engines. A hit on the photon torpedo magazine that close to the warp engines and its bye-bye ship...

Qapla!

KF  

actualy it would be better to shoot the engines and let the ship ignite it's own drive plasma the next time it fires at ya

Mainwaring

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2003, 01:55:48 am »
Obviously noone else around here reads technical manuals

It's a non-problem. torpedo munitions are loaded onto the torps right before firing from the main M/AM tanks, and there's nothing about a mass driver that'll ignite anything, either. So... maybe if you hit the launcher during the loading sequence, but if that happens, you're losing a big hunk of ship wherever the launcher is, anyway. M/AM explosion contained inside heavy armor = ungodly mess.

Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood detail-monger and several technical manuals and such things.

Ducttapewonder

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2003, 03:22:39 pm »
This ship rocks. Although I am unsure about the amount of torps, not their placement.