Topic: Need some help adding new ships to SFC3.  (Read 1857 times)

Riker

Need some help adding new ships to SFC3.
« on: May 23, 2003, 09:24:17 am »
I have many models downloaded, but most (90%) do not have readme files or any defaultcore or defaultloadout data to insert. Is there any quick way around this. I have foynd many awesome ships from you guys but can not make them playable. Also I even saw a few sites that had slammin' ships and the creators were scolding their guests for being idiots not reading the README files when there were no README files included with the model downloads. Any help is appreciated, you guys have alot of fantastic ships but understand not all of us SFC3 players are able to manipulate files with the same expertise as you. I am willing to give tons of praise and recommendations to anyone's website that contains any ships that I have been given assistance with. Come on guys help us out here, don't let that hard work go untapped and wasted.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2003, 01:22:30 pm by Riker »

Fedman

Re: Need some help adding new ships to SFC3.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 11:08:05 pm »
First off.. only ships with a  .MOD, .GF, and an .X file will work in the game. In the DefaultCore and DefaultLoatOut Copy and paste a ship already listed. If the ship you are adding is a cruiser, then choose a cruiser to copy and paste in the Core and LoadOut files. Change the name  of the ship in the Core and LoadOut to the name of the ships GF file.  Even without Excel you can do this very easily with word pad. MAKE A BACK-UP of your specs files!! Just in case you need'em. Those files are CAPITAL senceitive. If a ship dosen't show up in inventory check your spelling.  Changing firing arcs, adding hardpoints and new weapons to those hardpoints, and adding your ship name to the ship names list in the strings folder make the game even more fun to play. Have fun.
Live long and prosper.
Fedman out.