Taldrenites > General Starfleet Command Forum

Cloak fixes very much needed in future patch

(1/4) > >>

Firestorm:

* The obvious fix is that cloak needs to be stronger and/or anti-cloak needs to be much weaker.  Cloak is way too easily detected currently.

* Someone posted in another thread way back when, that phase in/out should be about 2 seconds.  At the time, I thought that still seemed like way too long, but I have recently timed the phase in/out of a Vor'cha with Legendary officers is about 4 seconds.  So, I reconsider that two seconds(about half the current time) should be sufficient to balance out that part of the cloak problems.   It is at least a good place to start and go from there.

* The patch is already suppose to weaken the probes capability of dectecting cloak, and I haven't experienced that enough yet to know if it was sufficient or not.

IMO:
I think the cloak/anti-cloak strength should be fixed this way:

* Level-5 cloak - not detectable with any computer, only by probes.
* Level-4 cloak - detectable with level-5 computer and by probes.
* Level-3 cloak - detectable with level-4 computer or better and by probes.
* Level-2 cloak - detectable with level-3 computer or better and by probes.
* Level-1 cloak - detectable with level-2 computer or better and by probes.

Xantim:
I would have it more like this:

-lvl5 detectable by lvl5 computer
-lvl4 detectable by lvl5 computer and probes
-lvl3 detectable by lvl4+ computer and probes
-lvl2 detectable by lvl4+ computer and probes(wider arc)
-lvl1 detectable by lvl4+ comuter and by probes(very wide arc)

Also computer 5 gets a bonus on lvl3 computers down (the lower the better)
Also computer 4 gets a bonus on lvl2 computers down (the lower the better)

Officers also give bonuses to probe arc and % of anti-cloak scans.
Officer of same lvl negates enemy bonus and if better makes probe arc and comuter scans less effective.  

Firestorm:

That doesn't sufficiently address the problem with anti-cloak being too strong.  That is basically what we have now.  All things equal, cloak will be detected.  That just doesn't work strategically.  It negates the cloak too much.

EE:
The real problem comes from this. Klingons and Romulans have 5 systems in their hull and bridge system where the Federation and borg have only 4.

if you had equal space on each ships for each location, the Federation will always have a easier time detecting you then you have hiding because you have to alocate less space per item then the Fed's/Borg.

I think there would need to be one of two things done. Make anti-cloak scan its own system like the cloak or require a level 5 computer to be the equivilant of what a level 4 computer can detect now. With the addition of probes, I dont see this as a probem since they have two ways to detect and only 4 systems in their bridge/hull system area.

lloyd007:
I like yor ideas firestorm except that we shoulddn't make LVL 5 cloak invincible which with probes reduced would basically be that effect. instead it shoud be range and size dependent where a BOP or Talon with only a lvl 1 or two cloak has the eqivalent of a lvl 4 or 5 cloak on say a Warbird. Different level computers would only have a chance to detect out to a certain range so for example if I had a lvl 5 cloaked WB with all legendary the max detatable range would be very small like 10 or something even with an opposing lvl 5 comp with legendary officers while if I had a WB with lvl 1 cloak and green officers vs a lvl 5 computer I could be detected to nearly the max scanner range etc. All comps would have anticloak tech but it would be a fixed ability not modified by ship size.

Here is my table

(lvl 5 is the highest lvl cloak so going above just wastes space)

FF with lvl one or two cloak has equivalent lvl 4 or 5 cloak
DD with lvl one two or thee cloak has lvl 3, 4 or 5
CL with lvl two or three or four cloak has equivalent 3,4,5 cloak
CA with lvl three or four has equivalent four or five cloak and a penalty carrying a lvl 1 cloak
CH with lvl 4 cloak has equivalent of lvl five and a penalty with lvl 1 or 2 (i.e. it is easier to detect with these weak cloaks)
DN has a penalty to lvl 1,2,3 cloaks and normal for 4 and 5 cloak

Anyone think this is a good idea? Giving bonuses to the smaller ships means that they can get a good cloak without penalizing them too much for carrying a fifth bridge system. Cloaks should have larger steppings in mass and cost though  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version