Topic: Mister Repair Man, My Computer, it is kaputz  (Read 19179 times)

Toasty0

Mister Repair Man, My Computer, it is kaputz
« on: November 05, 2003, 12:57:35 am »
This should make all of us feel a whoile lot better about our computing skills

http://sct.staghosting.com/

SL-Punisher

Re: Mister Repair Man, My Computer, it is kaputz
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 04:40:03 am »
Along the same lines as having 50 billion little applets in your system trey. I just annoys me to no end lol.

Barabbas

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 11:01:16 am »

I hear AOL 9.0 is so smart it can even fix your Window O/S problems!  

Well, that's what the commercial said....

Kortez

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 11:52:42 am »
OMIGOD!  Picking my chin off the floor is going to take a long time!!

vsfedwards

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 12:08:20 pm »
Ouch  

NJAntman

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 12:09:45 pm »
Too funny!

Having gone through a few barebones upgrades myself I know that plyers and a metal file can be usefull when overlooking the dimensions of MB and the placement of cards.

But cutting away the metal of the case.... and creative placement by duct tape .....            

Dash Jones

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 06:47:38 pm »
Hmm, I can understand how some of those would happen...for instance, the AoL thingy.  Probably some old folk who had a computer that came with AoL for free.  Perhaps they had the CD in the drive and didn't know it was able to come out or take it out.  Or perhaps the first time they saw how to connect to the internet was when they saw the Aol stuff installed, and figured that's how one always hooks up to the internet.  So each time they wanted to connect, or booted up...Aol get's reinstalled again, and again, and again...

Come on, I'm certain you all know someone old (grandparent or great grandparent) that has done some interesting things with thier computers.

On the otherhand, I'm certain those will little kids might be able to understand the other half of the pictures...

Still...

vsfedwards

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 07:17:28 pm »

Rogue

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 10:10:44 pm »
The most ridiculous one I've read was about someone who was going to modify their computer into a liqued cooled system. This involved caulking every external hole to create a... water tight case... and filling that same case with tap water.

I can't make up my mind whether the victom was pulling the forums leg or not but they got pretty peaved with the lack of sympathy for their destroyed computer. It was laughable when at the dramatic moment he called his wife in to witness the new, totaly silent, computer upon first boot.

"Listen to this, honey"
Click
Pzzzzzzt...
???
"What the hey"?

Perhaps it's all fiction but you know somewhere out there that would make sense to someone.    
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rogue »

alfman77

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2003, 11:41:29 pm »
Quote:

Looks like cat hair. Don't ask it happened to me, Only I could not tell until I opened the case.  

Warden

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 02:34:47 am »

Some people really are just    

Javora

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 09:50:12 am »
Quote:

The most ridiculous one I've read was about someone who was going to modify their computer into a liqued cooled system. This involved caulking every external hole to create a... water tight case... and filling that same case with tap water.

I can't make up my mind whether the victom was pulling the forums leg or not but they got pretty peaved with the lack of sympathy for their destroyed computer. It was laughable when at the dramatic moment he called his wife in to witness the new, totaly silent, computer upon first boot.

"Listen to this, honey"
Click
Pzzzzzzt...
???
"What the hey"?

Perhaps it's all fiction but you know somewhere out there that would make sense to someone.      

I remember that, the "victim" was no victim at all and was indeed pulling a prank.  But the prank he started turned into the most view thread on the web.  I have to admit, it was the funniest thing I have ever read on the web.

GE-Raven

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 10:20:36 am »
funniest thing is, that if you did it will distilled, de-ionized water, it would work until an ionization of the water occured.  

water does not conduct electricity.  The materials in water (salt) will.

GE-Raven

Sirgod

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2003, 10:28:08 am »
Quote:

funniest thing is, that if you did it will distilled, de-ionized water, it would work until an ionization of the water occured.  

GE-Raven

Now why in the world would you even need to know that.  J/K Bro.

Stephen

Sethan

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2003, 10:58:27 am »
Quote:

GE-Raven  

*chuckle*

I was thinking the same thing.

Incidentally, I actually saw this happen once.

Back in the dark ages, when I was a mainframe computer technician, I went out on a service call to look at a terminal that was "acting funny".

The terminal was up and running when I got there, and worked except for occasional data errors.

I opened the case, and lo and behold, the main logic board was completely under water.

Turns out a pipe had burst in the ceiling a couple of days before.  I guess they had really soft water.

Fahrenheit

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2003, 12:52:07 pm »

Well, I suppose if you used a non-contucting liquid, like mineral oil, or (I think) anti-freeze, it'd work.

Hmmm.... although you still have an issue with bleeding off heat.  Maybe add a radiator on the back of your computer, along with a small pump?

hobbesmaster

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2003, 04:04:22 pm »
Quote:

Well, I suppose if you used a non-contucting liquid, like mineral oil, or (I think) anti-freeze, it'd work.

Hmmm.... although you still have an issue with bleeding off heat.  Maybe add a radiator on the back of your computer, along with a small pump?

F°  

Its been done with Liquid Nitrogen...  

Toasty0

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2003, 12:57:35 am »

SL-Punisher

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2003, 04:40:03 am »
Along the same lines as having 50 billion little applets in your system trey. I just annoys me to no end lol.

Barabbas

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2003, 11:01:16 am »

Kortez

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2003, 11:52:42 am »

vsfedwards

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2003, 12:08:20 pm »
Ouch  

NJAntman

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2003, 12:09:45 pm »
Too funny!

Having gone through a few barebones upgrades myself I know that plyers and a metal file can be usefull when overlooking the dimensions of MB and the placement of cards.

But cutting away the metal of the case.... and creative placement by duct tape .....            

Dash Jones

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2003, 06:47:38 pm »
Hmm, I can understand how some of those would happen...for instance, the AoL thingy.  Probably some old folk who had a computer that came with AoL for free.  Perhaps they had the CD in the drive and didn't know it was able to come out or take it out.  Or perhaps the first time they saw how to connect to the internet was when they saw the Aol stuff installed, and figured that's how one always hooks up to the internet.  So each time they wanted to connect, or booted up...Aol get's reinstalled again, and again, and again...

Come on, I'm certain you all know someone old (grandparent or great grandparent) that has done some interesting things with thier computers.

On the otherhand, I'm certain those will little kids might be able to understand the other half of the pictures...

Still...

vsfedwards

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2003, 07:17:28 pm »

Rogue

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2003, 10:10:44 pm »

"Listen to this, honey"
Click
Pzzzzzzt...
???
"What the hey"?

alfman77

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2003, 11:41:29 pm »
Quote:

Looks like cat hair. Don't ask it happened to me, Only I could not tell until I opened the case.  

Warden

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2003, 02:34:47 am »

Javora

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2003, 09:50:12 am »
Quote:

"Listen to this, honey"
Click
Pzzzzzzt...
???
"What the hey"?

I remember that, the "victim" was no victim at all and was indeed pulling a prank.  But the prank he started turned into the most view thread on the web.  I have to admit, it was the funniest thing I have ever read on the web.

GE-Raven

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2003, 10:20:36 am »

GE-Raven

Sirgod

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2003, 10:28:08 am »
Quote:

GE-Raven

Stephen

Sethan

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2003, 10:58:27 am »
Quote:

GE-Raven  

*chuckle*

Back in the dark ages, when I was a mainframe computer technician, I went out on a service call to look at a terminal that was "acting funny".

The terminal was up and running when I got there, and worked except for occasional data errors.

I opened the case, and lo and behold, the main logic board was completely under water.

Turns out a pipe had burst in the ceiling a couple of days before.  I guess they had really soft water.

Fahrenheit

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2003, 12:52:07 pm »

hobbesmaster

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2003, 04:04:22 pm »
Quote:

F°  

Toasty0

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2003, 12:57:35 am »

SL-Punisher

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2003, 04:40:03 am »

Barabbas

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2003, 11:01:16 am »

Kortez

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2003, 11:52:42 am »

vsfedwards

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2003, 12:08:20 pm »
Ouch  

NJAntman

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2003, 12:09:45 pm »
Too funny!

Dash Jones

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2003, 06:47:38 pm »

Still...

vsfedwards

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2003, 07:17:28 pm »

Rogue

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2003, 10:10:44 pm »

"Listen to this, honey"
Click
Pzzzzzzt...
???
"What the hey"?

alfman77

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2003, 11:41:29 pm »
Quote:

Warden

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2003, 02:34:47 am »

Javora

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2003, 09:50:12 am »
Quote:

"Listen to this, honey"
Click
Pzzzzzzt...
???
"What the hey"?

GE-Raven

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2003, 10:20:36 am »

GE-Raven

Sirgod

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2003, 10:28:08 am »
Quote:

GE-Raven

Stephen

Sethan

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2003, 10:58:27 am »
Quote:

GE-Raven  

*chuckle*

Fahrenheit

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2003, 12:52:07 pm »

hobbesmaster

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2003, 04:04:22 pm »
Quote:

F°