Topic: Jessica Lynch vs. Elizabeth Smart: Who will win?  (Read 8291 times)

Rat_Boy

Jessica Lynch vs. Elizabeth Smart: Who will win?
« on: November 07, 2003, 10:30:08 am »
This Sunday, NBC's Saving Jessica Lynch will go head to head with CBS's The Elizabeth Smart Story.  Ironically, both have a lot in common.  Both their disappearances shook the nation.  Their rescues came as surprises.  Both flicks have villains with distinctive facial hair.  But, who will win on Sunday?  The story of an Army private captured in an ambush or the story of a girl abducted from her bedroom?

Sethan

Re: Jessica Lynch vs. Elizabeth Smart: Who will win?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 11:07:03 am »
Baywatch reruns will beat both.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Sethan »

Sirgod

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 11:26:35 am »
I'll prob. have my grandmother record which ever one she watches, and I'll record the other so we can both catch them.

Stephen

Gambler

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 11:30:55 am »
Taken?

hobbesmaster

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 04:37:49 pm »
I think that Jessica and Elizabeth will both lose.  

Mentat Jon

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2003, 12:05:43 am »
Carrot Top!!!!  

Dogmatix!

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 11:41:12 am »
I didn't watch either, but i'll probably check out Jessica Lynch's interview on Tuesday night.  Ordinarily, I pay little attention to this stuff, but I am compelled to hear her story in her own words...

Sirgod

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 05:50:05 pm »
I watched about five minutes of Jessaca's  movie last night, But after Reading How It was filmed in Texas, and the sand was Crushed walnuts, I decided to check out the Smart film.

Then the smart film didn't start untill 36 minutes after It was supposed to (stupid Football games  ) and It turned out to be not half bad. a few Discrepancies, But Pretty good IMHO. The actor playing her dad was rock solid , again, IMHO.

Stephen

Rat_Boy

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 05:56:36 pm »
Quote:

I watched about five minutes of Jessaca's  movie last night, But after Reading How It was filmed in Texas, and the sand was Crushed walnuts, I decided to check out the Smart film.

Supposedly the Dallas skyline could be seen behind a couple of buildings, which was edited out by computer.  I did not know about the walnuts.  The smell must have been overwhelming.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 06:48:31 pm »
Guess who won.

You have to wonder if the combination of the revelations about her last week and this week's interview with her affected the ratings.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 10:30:08 am »
This Sunday, NBC's Saving Jessica Lynch will go head to head with CBS's The Elizabeth Smart Story.  Ironically, both have a lot in common.  Both their disappearances shook the nation.  Their rescues came as surprises.  Both flicks have villains with distinctive facial hair.  But, who will win on Sunday?  The story of an Army private captured in an ambush or the story of a girl abducted from her bedroom?

Sethan

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2003, 11:07:03 am »

Sirgod

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2003, 11:26:35 am »
I'll prob. have my grandmother record which ever one she watches, and I'll record the other so we can both catch them.

Stephen

Gambler

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2003, 11:30:55 am »
Taken?

hobbesmaster

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2003, 04:37:49 pm »

Mentat Jon

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2003, 12:05:43 am »
Carrot Top!!!!  

Dogmatix!

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2003, 11:41:12 am »
I didn't watch either, but i'll probably check out Jessica Lynch's interview on Tuesday night.  Ordinarily, I pay little attention to this stuff, but I am compelled to hear her story in her own words...

Sirgod

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2003, 05:50:05 pm »

Then the smart film didn't start untill 36 minutes after It was supposed to (stupid Football games  ) and It turned out to be not half bad. a few Discrepancies, But Pretty good IMHO. The actor playing her dad was rock solid , again, IMHO.

Stephen

Rat_Boy

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2003, 05:56:36 pm »
Quote:

Supposedly the Dallas skyline could be seen behind a couple of buildings, which was edited out by computer.  I did not know about the walnuts.  The smell must have been overwhelming.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2003, 06:48:31 pm »
Guess who won.

You have to wonder if the combination of the revelations about her last week and this week's interview with her affected the ratings.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2003, 10:30:08 am »

Sethan

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2003, 11:07:03 am »

Sirgod

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2003, 11:26:35 am »

Stephen

Gambler

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2003, 11:30:55 am »
Taken?

hobbesmaster

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2003, 04:37:49 pm »

Mentat Jon

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2003, 12:05:43 am »
Carrot Top!!!!  

Dogmatix!

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2003, 11:41:12 am »

Sirgod

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2003, 05:50:05 pm »

Stephen

Rat_Boy

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2003, 05:56:36 pm »
Quote:

Rat_Boy

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2003, 06:48:31 pm »
Guess who won.