Topic: NX Heavy Cruiser and Dreadnought  (Read 1054 times)

blitzy

NX Heavy Cruiser and Dreadnought
« on: December 20, 2003, 03:29:09 pm »
What do you guys think of these?

Stormbringer

Re: NX Heavy Cruiser and Dreadnought
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 03:38:01 pm »
They are good looking ships and I like it; but did they have DNs back then? and it looks pretty close to the TOS connie silouette. There is a lot of time between pre fed times and the TOS era isn't there? The CA looks like a carrier and the hull is more modern looking than the connie with aspects of TNG thrown in.

blitzy

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003, 04:18:36 pm »
/i thought about the carrier aspect, but didn't think they had fighters back then.  Although I am thinking about making it look more runwayish for expanded shuttle bays.  

Johanobesus

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2003, 05:43:16 pm »
Quote:

... the hull is more modern looking than the connie with aspects of TNG thrown in.  

I think you can blame the designers on the show for that.  I don't see how you could be consistent with the aesthetic of the program and make it look more primitive than the Daedalus.  I use the NX01 for a Phase 2 frigate.  I think the design style makes a good transition between TOS and TMP.    

Stormbringer

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 05:43:35 pm »
The good thing about making models is they are yours you can take advice or not as you see fit. I like them. I just pointed out a few things. Ultimately, they are your creations and no one can say with more authority than you how they should be. You want a carrier, make it a carrier. They don't look pre-Fed; well niether does the NX-01. BTW you might want to change the registry; it says Enterprise.

InterMech

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 07:03:06 am »
I like how you stretched out my secondary hull. I had originally made that part to be used in kitbashes but really could never fit it into many designs. Stretching it side to side turned out nice! Good Job, keep it up!

Interstellar Machine  

starforce2

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 11:36:04 am »
I like them, but would personaly eliminate the second deflector, or make it the same stle as the one on the saucer.

111wallace111

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 09:18:28 am »
This is a very cool ship design i would like to se how you texture the secondary hull though. please keep up the good work

blitzy

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2003, 04:47:52 pm »
How bout these mods  A old model shuttle pad (based roughly on a runway) and the old deflector has 'guts' sticking out