Topic: About the TOS Enterprise Bridge...  (Read 970 times)

Magnum357

About the TOS Enterprise Bridge...
« on: January 09, 2004, 09:56:19 pm »
A couple of months ago, I was watching a copy of the Pilot episode of TOS (you know, with Captain Pike) and was wondering why they changed the Uniforms and Bridge appearance when the Series came.  In my opinion, I thought the Bridge and Uni's in the Pilot episode seemed more "Realistic" then the one we see during the series.  Granted, most Sifi in the 60's was not exactly up to specs compared too Sifi of today, but the Uni's and Bridge of the Pilot episode just feel a little more like Star Trek then the later series.  I still would have tried too incorperate a "Gold, Blue, and Red uni scheme" but would have used the Pilot Uni's instead.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Magnum357 »

Bernard Guignard

Re: About the TOS Enterprise Bridge...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 05:52:55 am »
Hello Magnum
        I seem to remember reading somewhere that the increased color scheme was the  networks execs idea. They wanted a lot of color to show what  the new fangled color tv technoloy could do at the time. Since colour television was entering into the market place and consumers homes.  

Death_Merchant

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 05:43:14 pm »
Quote:

Hello Magnum
        I seem to remember reading somewhere that the increased color scheme was the  networks execs idea. They wanted a lot of color to show what  the new fangled color tv technoloy could do at the time. Since colour television was entering into the market place and consumers homes.    

Most right....
The colors were a bit garish because it also had to look good in black & white. Many people still had b&w sets.  

Magnum357

About the TOS Enterprise Bridge...
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 09:56:19 pm »
A couple of months ago, I was watching a copy of the Pilot episode of TOS (you know, with Captain Pike) and was wondering why they changed the Uniforms and Bridge appearance when the Series came.  In my opinion, I thought the Bridge and Uni's in the Pilot episode seemed more "Realistic" then the one we see during the series.  Granted, most Sifi in the 60's was not exactly up to specs compared too Sifi of today, but the Uni's and Bridge of the Pilot episode just feel a little more like Star Trek then the later series.  I still would have tried too incorperate a "Gold, Blue, and Red uni scheme" but would have used the Pilot Uni's instead.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Magnum357 »

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 05:52:55 am »
Hello Magnum

Death_Merchant

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2004, 05:43:14 pm »
Quote:

Hello Magnum

Most right....
The colors were a bit garish because it also had to look good in black & white. Many people still had b&w sets.