Topic: The Last Starfighter: After the Frontier  (Read 999 times)

Fury_of_a_Seraph

The Last Starfighter: After the Frontier
« on: January 10, 2004, 08:59:32 pm »
I was just watchin the movie (this time actually paying attention) and i was thinkin about this, please, let me know what you think.

20 years after the fall of the StarLeague at the hands of Xur and the Ko-Dan armada, the New Starleague becomes one of the most powerful political bodies this side of what used to be the frontier.
So what has been happening? quite a bit!

Well, to begin with, the Starfighter Legion has been reformed under the supervision of Alex Rogan.  He has created the starleague, a culmination of worlds, mostly within what was within the Frontier before its collapse.  After forming the Starfighter Leagion and carrying the Starleague through the Second Ko-Dan war - in which the Starleague actually played an offenseive role - became president and has been for the last 10 years. His wife is his Minister of Domestic Affairs; Grig - his best friend and Navigator became his vice-president; Centauri became the Ambassador to Earth (he was fascinated with the place) and even Luis, Alex's brother became a top-ranking military official in the Starleague Navy.

So, after the fall of the Frontier, it was discovered that not every race out there was as savage as was once believed. In fact, one poltical entity, the Llerunian Empire became fast friends with the New Starleague.

technology has been on a high-rise after the inclusion of 3 dozen worlds (including earth) into the Starleague as well as external allies. The Starleague Navy, mostly consisting of ships of the worls of the League at first, quickly grew. Even the Gunstar, which has seen 3 more incarnations since the First Ko-Dan war, has remained on the leading edge of warcraft.

The Starfighter Legion now conists of 200 starfighters plus navigators from 58 worlds, including 3 (plus 4 navigators) from Earth.

So what do you think, does it have potential, what do you think should be added
Any Questions?

Fury_of_a_Seraph

Re: The Last Starfighter: After the Frontier
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 09:16:13 pm »
6 views and not one reply....
come on, what do you guys think, really!?

olbuzzard

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 11:47:27 pm »
Quote:

6 views and not one reply....
come on, what do you guys think, really!?  

Truthfully....   trying to asymilate the data and make sense of all components.  Off hand it souds ok....  but lest look at it from this stand point of view ... (just to follow the story ...)  If everyone turms out to be on big happy family  ...  would there be any need for the star fighters??   I 'm really not trying to be saecastic.  If it is comming across that way ... my apologies.  Perhaps a better analysis would be the remnants from the old frontier to with draw to a hidden world while some on the inside of Starleague were still attempting to fiinish the job they only partially accomplished when they distroyed the defensive systems (during the first flick).  In short the situation is still lacking in stability and the bad guys are attempting to regroup under new leadership that is not so cocky like the first air head was.

hmmmmm...  still thinging  ....  I'll review the movie again and get some more stuff in here.

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 07:35:52 am »
Ah, jesus, i forgot to expand upon that.

Well it turns out there is another empire (one that I havent thought the name of yet) beyond the frontier that was so powerful it made to Ko-Dan run and hide under their bed.  In the wake of the fall of the second Ko-Dan war, they have begun an invasion.

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 09:54:04 pm »
A British tar is soaring soul as free as a mountain BUMP!

Magnum357

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 10:26:14 pm »
I remember watching the Last Starfighter when I was a kid and thought the story was cool.  Now that I'm older, and I have been exposed too other Sifi stuff, the overall story kinda feels "Disneyish" too me now.  But then again, I have seen far worse Sifi out their.

I kinda like some of the main points for this new Starfighter story, but with my exposure too some great Sifi shows (like Babylon 5, The Matix, the Movie Aliens, Dune, and other great Sifi stories) I feel that your plot of your story seems a little cut and dry, almost a little predictable.  I like how you got the Starleague back too pre-war standards, but it think it would be much more interesting too see some sort of Civil War breakout within the Starleague then another big bad guy threatening the whole region again.  You say Earth is invited into the Starleague.  Interesting, but what could make it even more interesting is that some forces on Earth are so negative torward a Higher Power in the Galaxy that a parts of earth actually manipulate other races into actually succeed away from the Starleague which causes a Civil War.  Lots you could do with a plot like this.  Lots of mistrust too humans, lots more story then just Starship combat all the time.

Just my spin on this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Magnum357 »