Topic: TMP F-CAD Drone Cruiser  (Read 2295 times)

FireSoul

Re: TMP F-CAD Drone Cruiser
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2004, 08:46:18 am »
Quote:

thanks for the compliments! Im glad im being well received here... This is something I usually dont get into.

FS, yes, the model uses some 512 and 1024's at 1 and then drops to 256 at 2 and 128 at 3.
Is that supposed to help with frame rate?  

.. nah. The BMP only reduces the load slightly. .. it's the # of polys I'm worried about.  Just to give you an idea, p81's TMP FCA model has over 6000 polys, and slows down the game to around 45 FPS with just it on my screen (mod viewer). Add other ships to the mix and it's choppy.

However, a slight weld to the model's vertexes and it drops down to 2000 polys, looking a lot better FPS wise even if it's not at the highest quality. But you use that for the model's LOD2 (range 10-20?) which is the range you'll usually see your ship unless you really zoom into it. Add a crappy-level LOD3 for the far distance (over range 20?) and the game will actually go a lot smoother.

Also, the break mod doesn't have to use the 6000 polys version of the model. That's.. insane.

-- Luc

Lt. Cmdr Worf

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2004, 10:22:22 am »
Firesoul P-81 did lod's for that ship. At least my version has LODs im pretty sure Dizzy's version does as well.

FireSoul

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2004, 10:33:50 am »
Quote:

Firesoul P-81 did lod's for that ship. At least my version has LODs im pretty sure Dizzy's version does as well.  

Hm. When I think about it, I think you're right. Which LOD does the break mod use at your end?
(and what's the FPS in mod viewer? )  

Dizzy

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2004, 10:37:19 am »
it uses the largest textures for the break.

My mod viewer shows the cad at 150 fps. Course my video card eats polys for breakfast...

Lt. Cmdr Worf

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2004, 10:42:51 am »
It looks like LOD1 but im not sure the lower sensor dome looks like LOD2 but the rest of the ship looks like LOD1 i think the brk.mod is from P-81's old fca before he did the TMP from the Special Edition DVD. In fact i think thats exactly what it is. because i have the previous version and it has the old lower sensor dome on it.  

FireSoul

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2004, 11:46:53 am »
Quote:

It looks like LOD1 but im not sure the lower sensor dome looks like LOD2 but the rest of the ship looks like LOD1 i think the brk.mod is from P-81's old fca before he did the TMP from the Special Edition DVD. In fact i think thats exactly what it is. because i have the previous version and it has the old lower sensor dome on it.  

*wince*

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2004, 03:21:44 pm »
Nice detail on the drone launchers

Lt. Cmdr Worf

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2004, 05:18:22 pm »
Hey LS any chance you're gonna give a try at a TMP Enterprise Refit? I'd love to see ur rendition of it.  and Thanx for that font i really appreciate it.