Topic: Azels USS DAUNTLESS (WIP)  (Read 4612 times)

sandman69247

Azels USS DAUNTLESS (WIP)
« on: February 03, 2004, 12:26:46 am »
OK, here's what I have so far. Most of it's done, just have a few details to mesh out still, but it's only at 2213 polies as she is now, so I have room to play. Let me know what you think.

nx_adam_1701

Re: Azels USS DAUNTLESS (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 12:30:02 am »
WOW me likey alot

adam out

great job

Azel

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 12:39:34 am »
Awesome!!!
The saucer should about 15% larger than it is now(and if you want ad a few more slices to the saucer )
but shes looking good sofar

« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 12:44:47 am by Azel »

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 12:42:53 am »
lol 15 % lol

adam out

sandman69247

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 12:57:17 am »
Thanx guys!

15%...which aspect, top or side? As for adding slices, I'm going to use a special trick to make it rounder and keep the poly count low...not optimize btw. This way, when I texture it, I can use the template to make the grid even. How about keeping this version too? Maybe add another nacelle and make a fast cruiser like the Niagara? Still have that dang thing in my head, lol. Anyway, I'll post pics of the re-work, along with the details I add, tomorrow.

This has been fun!

Captain Ron

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 01:29:24 am »
Look good so far

Kaenyne

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 09:03:58 am »
Seeing her in 3-D is helping my opinion out.

Those engines are growing on me.  

sandman69247

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 09:07:38 am »
I know the feeling...I especially like the front view...really does give the "American Muscle" feel. Azel is the master.  

Azel

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 09:36:47 am »

Quote:

Thanx guys!

15%...which aspect, top or side? As for adding slices, I'm going to use a special trick to make it rounder and keep the poly count low...not optimize btw.  This way, when I texture it, I can use the template to make the grid even.  How about keeping this version too? Maybe add another nacelle and make a fast cruiser like the Niagara? Still have that dang thing in my head, lol.  Anyway, I'll post pics of the re-work, along with the details I add, tomorrow.

This has been fun!

oh sorry just the with and the length...as in wider and longer saucer...not taller
otherwise perfect

And "ok" with the saucer slices

Quote:

I know the feeling...I especially like the front view...really does give the "American Muscle" feel.  Azel is the master.  

Thanks man...I am glad the ship is truely begining to show her stuff
And your da master mate...not me...I just design'em

DonKarnage

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 10:17:37 am »
its green its a romulan ship red alert

sandman69247

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2004, 12:28:29 pm »
OK bud, won't be too hard to do that...uniform scale then squash it a little.

SSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!! She's part of a new ultra secret fleet to infiltrate the Roms.  

Azel

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2004, 02:30:29 pm »

Quote:

OK bud, won't be too hard to do that...uniform scale then squash it a little.

SSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!! She's part of a new ultra secret fleet to infiltrate the Roms.  

OK mate!!!

Azel

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2004, 04:10:32 pm »
pic???

sandman69247

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 10:26:01 am »
OK, didn't do a lot yesterday...needed to let off some steam so I started a new single player campaign. Been almost 5 months since I played, besides a quick test of models, and you know it';s very cool to be playing and have all the onscreen models ones you made yourself.

Anyway, I increased the saucer, added the sensor pod and the "spokes" around the deflector, and chamfered the saucer rim so it's not as faceted. Look better?

Azel

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 11:53:50 am »
NOW ...NOW....NOW  THATS SWEEETNESS!!!
that is making me all teary eyed

sandman69247

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2004, 04:03:10 pm »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

Now, do you want it dark, like Enterprise, or light like TOS or inbetween like TNG?

Tally-ho! Let's get this looking purty.  

Azel

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2004, 05:10:03 pm »
I say like Enterprise
Silvery though...not Bronze...lol

sandman69247

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2004, 08:19:34 pm »
How's this color? Don't worry about the other faces showing like that...messed up mapping, but will be fixed as I go.

Azel

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2004, 08:30:03 pm »
I like it!!!  

sandman69247

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2004, 06:45:29 pm »
Quote:

I like it!!!  

Cool! OK, here's a couple shots of what I have done today....finished(?) the bridge module, did the bussards and the impulse exhaust. How's she looking?

Azel

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2004, 07:46:19 pm »
Hey awesome work man!!!
I am most impressed
Can you make the bussards more of a dark Blood red....and the impulse alittle more orangey???
thanks

sandman69247

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2004, 08:49:42 pm »
No problemo,  .

Also meant to ask this earlier...do you want windows in the little rim around the top of the saucer, or do you want it to be like the Princetons rim, sensor paletts?  

Azel

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2004, 09:00:28 pm »
windows mate
TOS  & TMP always have windows on the rims on the saucers

sandman69247

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2004, 12:57:43 am »
OK, and I know...I meant the little lip on the top of the saucer, not the actual rim. And, look at the Constellation...has both, so nyah.  

Azel

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2004, 02:29:24 pm »

Quote:

OK, and I know...I meant the little lip on the top of the saucer, not the actual rim. And, look at the Constellation...has both, so nyah.  

yeah on that too
please...it needs windows  on the "lip"

Thanks

sandman69247

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2004, 09:38:22 pm »
Okey-dokey smokey!!  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2004, 11:11:11 pm »
Wicked cool ship Sir.Looking forward to D/L it.  

sandman69247

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2004, 11:24:02 am »
Just a quick note...my vacation has come to an end , so I'm back to doing this when I am off. I'll post some more pics later.  

Azel

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2004, 08:55:13 am »
DASS BOOOMP

Azel

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2004, 11:15:43 am »
Das Booomp fer INFO

sandman69247

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2004, 11:09:32 pm »
Sorry bud...puter was down for a few, but have her going again and will get some more done on her.  

Azel

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2004, 12:13:03 pm »
Sounds like a plan
Look foward for her Trial runs

sandman69247

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2004, 11:55:14 am »
Here's a little update...real little. I did the windows on the "lip", but, as you can see, they are very distorted. I'll have to re-do them. Re-did the bussards and the impulse exhaust; more what you were looking for Azel?

I'll be honerst here...been playing Freelancer every waking moment when not at work. It's soooooo much better with an actual video card, compared to the built in video I had. MAX runs better, same with Photoshop. I know, obvious huh? OK, I'm cheap...thought I could get by without, but...

Anyway, here's a couple shots, and I'll post more later.

Kaenyne

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2004, 12:05:18 pm »
Ooooh..she's looking quite nice.

Azel

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2004, 12:44:19 pm »

Quote:

Here's a little update...real little.  I did the windows on the "lip", but, as you can see, they are very distorted. I'll have to re-do them. Re-did the bussards and the impulse exhaust; more what you were looking for Azel?

I'll be honerst here...been playing Freelancer every waking moment when not at work. It's soooooo much better with an actual video card, compared to the built in video I had. MAX runs better, same with Photoshop. I know, obvious huh?  OK, I'm cheap...thought I could get by without, but...

Anyway, here's a couple shots, and I'll post more later.

OH HELL YEAH!!!!

Now stop Playing FL every waking hour and get back to work...LOL
Hell I have more ships to design  

sandman69247

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2004, 11:19:09 am »
OK, finally got a day off and worked on this baby some more. I'm torn between two sizes for the windows, so these pics show both sizes...small on the saucer rim, larger everywhere else. Which ya think it should be?

Here's the pics:

Kaenyne

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2004, 12:06:22 pm »
Hey, what an improvement!

I do like smaller windows.

Azel

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2004, 02:51:21 pm »
THats AWESOME!!!

I would just take away the red from the registry
and the botton registry on the saucer sould be smaller and 2 one on each side...remember TOS here

Azel

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2004, 12:02:04 pm »

Azel

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2004, 07:56:44 am »
bump for info please  

Core

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2004, 12:33:48 pm »
it sems a bit big for TOS dont you think  

sandman69247

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2004, 05:44:35 pm »
OK, did a little more on her. Finally got 2 days off in a row...will finish up tomorrow, as I gave myself a migraine. Anyway, I took out the red outline, reduce the window size on a few areas, did the pylons. Only really have the nacelles and the shuttle bay to do, plus any details that Azel points out. Also noticed when I made these pics that the phaser banks pisaddeared on the saucer bottom.

I apologize for it taking so long and not being around much...lost a lot of people at work last month, so haven't had as much time to work on it. Also, being honest, I've been addicted to Freelancer; finally made it to level 38, so now it's just earning credits and exploring. That I can always do, so I'll be back to modelling more. In fact, have another Lost Era ship waiting in the wings to do.

OK, here's the pics...

sandman69247

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2004, 01:44:23 am »
Ouch! Guess I took too long and ya'll aren't interested anymore...sorry. I'll post more on her tomorrow...if anyone cares thatis.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2004, 02:24:59 am »
Looks great Sir,and I'm looking forward to your new lost era ship as well.
-MP  

Azel

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2004, 11:50:03 am »

Quote:

OK, did a little more on her. Finally got 2 days off in a row...will finish up tomorrow, as I gave myself a migraine.  Anyway, I took out the red outline, reduce the window size on a few areas, did the pylons. Only really have the nacelles and the shuttle bay to do, plus any details that Azel points out. Also noticed when I made these pics that the phaser banks pisaddeared on the saucer bottom.

I apologize for it taking so long and not being around much...lost a lot of people at work last month, so haven't had as much time to work on it. Also, being honest, I've been addicted to Freelancer; finally made it to level 38, so now it's just earning credits and exploring.  That I can always do, so I'll be back to modelling more.  In fact, have another Lost Era ship waiting in the wings to do.

AWESOME!!!!

How did I miss this ????
From what I see ...shes beautiful
But I did notice that the main saucer rim has too many rows of windows...If you could reduce that to 2 or one row that would be awesome

Tremendous work man!!!
Duelly impressed
And always your Fan!!!

sandman69247

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2004, 12:04:12 pm »
OK, that was one of the things I was wondering about, thanx! Another small question for ya...do you want the photon tubes on the neck?

I'll get some more done on her, and if needed I can always add 'em.

OK, time to get to work.  

Azel

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2004, 05:27:58 pm »

Quote:

OK, that was one of the things I was wondering about, thanx! Another small question for ya...do you want the photon tubes on the neck?

I'll get some more done on her, and if needed I can always add 'em.

OK, time to get to work.  

GREAT!!!
As for the torps...TOS style mate out of the saucer  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2004, 10:49:57 am »
Please tell me there will also be a TMP version of this beauty ? And do I dare dream a Lost Era version as well? Ok so I'm greedy when it comes to models   Great work !!!!  
-MP    

Azel

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2004, 12:58:50 pm »

Quote:

Please tell me there will also be a TMP version of this beauty ? And do I dare dream a Lost Era version as well? Ok so I'm greedy when it comes to models  Great work !!!!  

Now thats an interesting design idea......  

sandman69247

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2004, 01:20:12 pm »
A Lost Era design for the Dauntless? OOOOOHHHHHH, I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it.

On a side note, I should be sending this to Azel for final approval/rejection ( ) either tonight or tomorrow. I've tried to go the TOS way and be "minimalistic" in the texturing...I think it looks good meself. I'll post some pics in a few...forgot to upload 'em.

Azel

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2004, 07:41:58 am »

Quote:

A Lost Era design for the Dauntless? OOOOOHHHHHH, I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it.

On a side note, I should be sending this to Azel for final approval/rejection ( ) either tonight or tomorrow. I've tried to go the TOS way and be "minimalistic" in the texturing...I think it looks good meself.  I'll post some pics in a few...forgot to upload 'em.

Where's da beef???  

sandman69247

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2004, 01:34:42 pm »
I'm gonna have to send you an url for it...2.1mb and damn dialup timed out 83% u/l'd. Got a call in to Redshift for dsl...yay!!!

Anyway, expect an e-mail shortly....  

Azel

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2004, 01:53:11 pm »
roger that
I await your email

ModelsPlease

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2004, 03:58:06 am »
Quote:

roger that
I await your email

While your waiting Azel sir,might we get a sneak peak at a TMP and Lost Era version of the Dauntless ? Ok so I'm dying to see what you may have in store  
-MP    

Azel

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2004, 04:47:42 pm »

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

roger that
I await your email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While your waiting Azel sir,might we get a sneak peak at a TMP and Lost Era version of the Dauntless ? Ok so I'm dying to

LOL
I didn't even design her yet!!!
LOL  

sandman69247

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2004, 08:06:29 pm »
Hey bud, sorry for the delay...been pre-occupied with the prob. in my other thread. I'll try to upload that and get the link to you ASAP.  

sandman69247

Re: Azels USS DAUNTLESS (WIP) UPDATE
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2004, 12:44:40 pm »
OK, will be finalizing this bad boy...needs a few tweaks suggested by the master designer Azel, the she should be ready to fly. Sorry for the delay, but you know what they say..."All good things come to those who wait."  

Azel

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2004, 03:34:00 pm »
SWEEEEEEEET  

sandman69247

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2004, 12:45:41 am »
Quote:

SWEEEEEEEET  

Yeah, it will be. I learned a few things since I started this, so there will be a few little "additions", that should really spruce her up.  

manitoba

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2004, 01:14:24 am »
hey sandman  going to send u my one nacelle for ur beauuty of a ship there. of course the texturing of mine on it wont work but i know ur are great at it. and i think they would look really sweet on this ship. it will be in ur mailbox soon

sandman69247

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2004, 08:59:35 am »
Thanx Manitoba! I'll chk 'em out and see what Azel thinks, if they go with his design. If not, I'm sure I can come up with something to use 'em for.  

Azel

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2004, 09:02:28 am »
2 modellers working in collaboration on this ship????
Awesome!!!
Its like a  real life contracting job of a ship...different aspects handled by different parties
this is GREAT!!!  

sandman69247

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2004, 09:04:05 pm »
Hey, what do you expect...we all love your designs, so when we have something to contribute to see one come alive, well...there ya' go.

Oh, and I've been working some things out for an awesome beauty shot...in fact, I'll send you one that I've been playing with, with the "current" nacelles and textures...figure better to work things out on a shot that's not final.  

sandman69247

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2004, 09:06:52 am »
OK, Got final approval from Azel...just need to hp/dp and do the break, then she'll be released tonight after work.  

Azel

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2004, 05:21:25 pm »
YAY!!!!