Topic: Taldren-style ZBB: Mirak BattleShip  (Read 1276 times)

FireSoul

Taldren-style ZBB: Mirak BattleShip
« on: February 18, 2004, 11:35:18 pm »
Intro:
This ship will remind you of your mother. Whether it's "Ohhh Momma" for when you're the pilot, or "mommy!" when you're the opponent, this model will now appropriately display the true power of the Mirak BattleShip.

Here you go folks, the Mirak BB:

Download:  http://klingon.stasis.ca/models/mirak/fs_zbb.zip

Based on Taldren's ZDN. Here's a screenshot taken at the same range as the one above, to demonstrate the differences:

Front view, for a weapons display:

-- Luc

Raven Night

Re: Taldren-style ZBB: Mirak BattleShip
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 12:26:28 am »
Nice work.

Dizzy

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 02:22:07 am »
|<()()|_!

Rogue

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 06:41:27 am »

Dude... like, woo hoo, already. I'm a measurably happier man for that. One less stick in my craw and an improved sense that something is a little more right with the world than it was before.  

FireSoul

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 08:20:57 am »
Quote:

Dude... like, woo hoo, already. I'm a measurably happier man for that. One less stick in my craw and an improved sense that something is a little more right with the world than it was before.  

Well, I had to admit that the Mirak have few added models..
.. in fact, when I look at the list of added models for the Mirak in OP+, this is what I see:

Code:

zbb
zbch
zcm
zdw
zhdw
zmtt0p
zmtt1p
znca
ztug0p
ztug1p
ztug2p

You realize that I made all of those? None of the other models passed my inspection. Something was wrong indeed, and I had to make these to plug the holes in the models selection.

Rogue

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 04:44:04 pm »
What you say is exactly right. There are almost no compatable models that will work with the Taldren models. Almost every one of them you made. I still can't get over the MTT that you pulled off. It was truly brilliant. And the Tug that you built from the ZCVA ended up serving as an alternate heavy carrier in my model library.

I guess I'm not that surprised that the Mirak models never inspired any models in their own right as they had no relation to the Kzinti. OP+ needed those new models to represent those new specs you added. It would have been different if they didn't have to replace the Kzinti with this Mirak invention.

Again I thank you for sharing your work with us. You have made SFC that much more fun.

Sooo... are you studying on what you are going to do about the ZDNL?

I'm a bad dog...

FireSoul

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 05:56:49 pm »
Quote:

Sooo... are you studying on what you are going to do about the ZDNL?

I'm a bad dog...

Nope. Not one bit.
Its SSD has the same shape and size as a normal DN.

Rogue

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 06:54:51 pm »
For what it is worth... I was trying to be funny as opposed to trying for another model.

I do quite a bit or rationalizing with the models in SFC. Now that I know that the DNL approximates the DN, I can tell myself that the DNL's are an economy version dreadnought. Say 90% of the capability for about 2/3's of the price to build one. And that works for me just fine. None the less, I really like what you just put together for the Mirak and am really happy to have them. I thank you Firesoul.  

FireSoul

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 07:05:15 pm »
NP.. I put these together for a selfish reason, but I am glad to share.

.. hm.. now if only someone would do that TMP F-NCA, and that TMP F-GSC froma bit back..