Topic: 1.01 beta patch out from activision  (Read 25104 times)

Aliasalpha

Re: 1.01 beta patch out from activision
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2003, 09:58:09 pm »
I'd want the warbird anyway, the scimitar was crap

ghostcamel

« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2003, 10:02:43 pm »
Quote:

Don't be daft.

It's a Beta Patch because there are issues that they think should be fixed which Taldren has not addressed yet.  From Taldren's side of the fence, those issues are considered to be too difficult to fix or so trivial that they do not justify the time it would require.  From Activision's side of the fence, the issues are important and they want them taken care of.  

I don't know what the issues are and who's "right," but that's clearly what's going on.

In spite of that, though, Activision has obviously seen these boards and is responding to the many demands for a patch.  They want to keep thier QA department focused on the bugs that still need to be fixed, they're not satisfied with the final result, but they want to acknowledge the needs of the fans.  They recognize it's taken a long time and they want to give their customers something.  It's not the finished product, yet, but in lieu of the final patch it's the next best thing.  So now you want to bitch about that?  

Man, there's no satisfying some people.    

Exactly.

I just wish i knew what the remaining issues were.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by ghostcamel »

Maxillius

« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2003, 10:38:28 pm »
Quote:

I'd want the warbird anyway, the scimitar was crap  

The Scimitar wouldn't be crap if it were possible to do it proberly in SFC3.  It isn't.  You don't have powerful enough shields (shield X's are just too weak for something that big), the variable maneuverability just doesn't work (top speed 17, max maneuverability .2), and at the start, her weapons are very inaccurate.  If it could be modded into OP it would kick ass

Blitzkrieg

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2003, 04:45:07 am »
The patch didnt do anything for me, except delete all the files on my hard drive and blow out my ram cpu and graphics card. I think it may need a few more tweaks, thank god its only a BETA and thanks Activision for making the right decision.

Toasty0

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2003, 07:22:30 am »
Quote:

The patch didnt do anything for me, except delete all the files on my hard drive and blow out my ram cpu and graphics card. I think it may need a few more tweaks, thank god its only a BETA and thanks Activision for making the right decision.  

Yeah, and spilling that Big Gulp on your box didn't help either.

I'm curious--how did you come to the conclusion that the patch "blow out" your "ram cpu"?

And just what the heck is a "ram cpu" anyways?

Is that like sheep brains?

Best,
Jerry  

Subspace

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2003, 07:35:22 am »
Patch had been great for me ,,, last night in D3 their were a couple of hang in the load screen & also stuck in battle...

It wasn t me that had these problems ,, btu i know some people that did .....  

Blitzkrieg

« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2003, 07:43:37 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, and spilling that Big Gulp on your box didn't help either.

I'm curious--how did you come to the conclusion that the patch "blow out" your "ram cpu"?

And just what the heck is a "ram cpu" anyways?

Is that like sheep brains?

Best,
Jerry  

lol man yeah Im currently running my pc with no sheeps brains or graphics card and with no files on my hard drive.

Not my best

Trekker

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2003, 07:55:54 am »
Quote:

Let me see... I doubt you would be happy if you bid on a Scimitar and get a Warbird instead. Would you be happy, or would you think you've been cheated?
Sorry, but that also just slipped out.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but grow up. Activision and Taldren are under no legal obligation to release a patch at all.

D. Boon's Ghost

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2003, 09:05:38 am »
Quote:

I'm sorry to have to say this, but grow up. Activision and Taldren are under no legal obligation to release a patch at all.  

Do you work for a software company?  You must, as no consumer would ever say that with a straight face.
If you don't?  You, Sir, are the one who should grow up.

It is nothing more than standard business practice, in this day and age.  Produce a crap product without support - let us see how long you stay in the game.  It might surprise you to know that businesses do tend to publically adhere to the 'Consumer Code'.  How well they adhere to it, I do admit, is a different matter entirely.  

The minute a software company tells me they are under 'No legal obligation', I will drop interest in them.  I would like to think I am not alone on this.  Do yourself and those around you a favor, do not spread this lax ignorance too far.  One day the industry may listen to this foolishness and put it into practise.  

This is not console gaming.
Grow up, indeed.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2003, 10:34:01 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Do you work for a software company?  You must, as no consumer would ever say that with a straight face.

It is nothing more than standard business practice, in this day and age.  Produce a crap product without support - let us see how long you stay in the game.  It might surprise you to know that businesses do tend to publically adhere to the 'Consumer Code'.  How well they adhere to it, I do admit, is a different matter entirely.  

The minute a software company tells me they are under 'No legal obligation', I will drop interest in them.  I would like to think I am not alone on this.  Do yourself and those around you a favor, do not spread this lax ignorance too far.  One day the industry may listen to this foolishness and put it into practise.  

Grow up, indeed.

Actually..he's right.....interplay basiclly gave up on SFC2 and Taldren patched most of SFC2 and OP on its own dime...and when they could no longer afford to do so.....they have contracted out patching Khoromag and Arcticfire.....for which ...they were/are unpaid...with no legal obligation or monetary gain...

Again....with no legal obligation.....and no monetary gain....they continue to support SFC2 and OP by hosting the directory servers so we can even play DVII at all.....

And I would bet money that... not if...but when..ACTI decides it can no longer afford to host DV3.....Taldren will pick up the ball again for its fan base.....with no legal obligation or monetary gain.....

So IMHO....its time for alot of people to "grow up" and understand Taldren cares about its fanbase...ALL OF THE FANBASE....not just part of it.....

Their actions  speak volumes in an industry riddled with hollow words and unpatched games....

Thank you.  

RazalYllib

« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2003, 05:57:50 pm »
Crimmie....

Tell it like it is!

Gumby

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2003, 10:57:23 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Grow up, indeed.

Actually..he's right.....interplay basiclly gave up on SFC2 and Taldren patched most of SFC2 and OP on its own dime...and when they could no longer afford to do so.....they have contracted out patching Khoromag and Arcticfire.....for which ...they were/are unpaid...with no legal obligation or monetary gain...

Again....with no legal obligation.....and no monetary gain....they continue to support SFC2 and OP by hosting the directory servers so we can even play DVII at all.....

And I would bet money that... not if...but when..ACTI decides it can no longer afford to host DV3.....Taldren will pick up the ball again for its fan base.....with no legal obligation or monetary gain.....

So IMHO....its time for alot of people to "grow up" and understand Taldren cares about its fanbase...ALL OF THE FANBASE....not just part of it.....

Their actions  speak volumes in an industry riddled with hollow words and unpatched games....

Thank you.  

Hooooray for Taldren, without whom we wouldnt have any of this wonderful software at all............